Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Showering Birthday Wishes!

It's time for another sketch challenge on SCS as it is Wednesday already, the weeks sure do go fast when you are having fun! I also wanted to combine this weeks color challenge into my card the colors we had to use were: Really Rust, River Rock and Chocolate Chip.

As my Shower Time set arrived in the mail on Monday and as yet I hadn't had a chance to play with it I thought I would see if I could use that set for this challenge. I started by stamping the girl image onto the white card I was going to use as the base using black ink, I stamped the same image onto a piece of river rock DP and again on a piece of outlaw DP and then a third time on a scrap of white card. I cut out the umbrella from the river rock piece, the dress from the outlaw DP and finally the arms from the white scrap. These were then adhered over the base image. The arms and neck were colored using a flesh marker. I used my ticket corner punch to punch the corners of the white card and then sponged the edge of the white card using river rock ink. I then layered this to river rock and choc chip card and attached the brads in each corner.

The small thin strip is just river rock layered to choc chip card. The centre panel is river rock DP layered onto choc chip card I used a different pattern to that which I used for the umbrella. The base card using outlaw DP layered to the folded choc chip card. To finish this off I just added to brads to the left side of the thin strip and the greeting to the top left corner of the middle panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Shower Time - My Favorite Things; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Outlaw DP and River Rock DP - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; River Rock SU Ink; Brads; Ticket Corner Punch; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Debby Winters said...

What a cute card. I really like this MFT stamp. I don't have any yet but I will! You've done a great job with your image!

Karen said...

Great card. I love the sketch! You nailed it.

Alhambra Club said...

Love the color combo and how you paper pieced the umbrella.

Unknown said...

Its so simple and pretty! Great job, Frances!

Mary said...

I *love* your card. The colors that you used are so very pretty. I have got to get this stamp set!

Mary

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! You're such an enabler! I must buy this stamps!! NO! Yes! NO! Help!! lol!! :)

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Rose Ann said...

Very pretty card! I *love* the paper piecing!!