It's time for me to post my challenge I do with a group of friends on SCS. This week are challenge was to do some flower arranging with masking. We could use any technique we wanted as long as masking was involved.
I decided to play with my Wild Rose set from SU, I first stamped the large solid rose onto my white card using groovy guava ink and then using my stamp positioner I stamped the outline rose over the top of this using spiced marmalade distress ink. This flower was then masked so I could stamp my leaves and rose buds. Once I had the flowers all in place I then masked all the flowers and leaves and stamped my background (weathered wood) using river rock ink and then my verse on the right hand side of the card. I also sponged the edges of the card using river rock ink.
I created 3 panels using river rock card and then used my script cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to these pieces and also sponge river rock ink over the raised areas. These were layered to always artichoke card and then attached to a groovy guava base card.
I wanted to give the large rose some dimension so I stamped another on scrap white card as I did previously and then cut this one out and attached the centre to the centre of the rose using foam tape.
Recipe: Stamps: Wild Rose - Stampin' Up; Weathered Wood B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms; Verse - Unknown
Paper: Groovy Guava; Always Artichoke & River Rock - SU; White
Other: Black Ink; Groovy Guava, So Saffron & River Rock SU Ink; Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink; Olive Pastel & Lime Pastel Fluid Chalk, Orange Brads; Script Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape