Monday, September 3, 2007

FS30 Hi Friend`


Well this card took me longer to take the photo then it did to actually make the card, no matter which way I tried to take the photo it was turning out very red .... fortunately with the help of photo editing software I think I have got it closer to what it looks like in real life. It still isn't perfect but much better than it was.

This card was created for this week's featured stamper who is Heather Pulvirenti aka inglishrea on SCS. Here is the card I cased of Heathers! As you all know for the featured stamper challenge we have to change at least 2 things when we case the featured stampers card. Here are the changes I made:

  • changed the colors
  • changed the DP paper used
  • changed the image & verse used
  • changed it from a Christmas card to a normal card
  • changed the color of my ribbons and the width of the bottom one
  • changed the number of layers to the base card.
For this card I used my Rose Red Designer Series Paper Prints DP, I decided to keep my card monochromatic by using all the same color papers just swapping the patterns for a little interest. At present I don't have Rose Red SU ink so I tried out the pomegranate and it was a pretty good match so I stuck with that for the flower and the verse. The flower I have 3 D'd and attached a brad in the centre of the flower.

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Blooms - Stampin' Up; Verse (Beautiful Blooms) - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Rose Red Designer Series Paper Print & Rose Red Card - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Pomegranate SU Ink; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Ticket Corner Punch; Square Punch; Slider Cuttlebug Die; Rose Red Brads - small & medium; Foam Tape