Monday, May 18, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons!

lemonade-wm

Hi all!

It is Monday which means it is time for another challenge with my CCEE Stamper friends.

This week Deb challenged us all to use any specialty type of paper.  some possibilities....vellum, acrylic, foil, flocked, metallics...anything beyond the typical cardstock and printed designer papers.

When I saw I could use vellum I immediately thought of this glass card that I made a few weeks ago with my friend Maryann and haven’t had a chance to post as yet … isn’t it good when you already have a card that suits the challenge hehe.

The instructions on how to create this “cup card” are located in the Resources section of SCS. It really is super easy, I have been wanting to make one for ages and I finally got around to doing it … yahhhhhhh!

lemonade-in-wm

Here is the inside of my card, as I had this sentiment I just had to use it!

You can see all the other cards the rest of the CCEE Stampers created over on our CCEE Stampers blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Sentiment – Rubbernecker; Lemon – Unknown; Splatter – Print Blocks

Paper: White; Black; Orange; Vellum

Other: Black Ink; Sun Yellow SU Ink; Orange Ink; Clear Micro Beads; Straw

11 comments:

raindropecho said...

This card is brilliant!

Crystal said...

I love it...gonna have to case this one!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee great job on the sketch Frances, super clever. Hugs Cindy

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous idea and card - Frances!!! Love it!!!

Sabrina said...

Oh my, that is making me thirsty to look at - how refreshing it looks. Love the matching lemons on the background and in the glass.

Cindy H. said...

Wonderful card!! A tall drink that looks so cool and refreshing! Great job on the design.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Lovin' that cool glass of lemonade Hoots!! Clever and beautiful!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You did a terrific job with this technique. Your card looks so cool and refreshing. Hey, wait a minute....is that salt on the rim? Just what kinda drinkie-poo is this, Miss Frances? I thought you were serving us lemonade and it looks more like a margarita. Why don't you just drink up, li'l buddy, and Gertie and I will be over to take inventory on your stampin trucks. Snort!

Robin said...

This card is a fantabulistically wonderful Frances!! I so have to make one of these cards. It is a work of art!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how deeelish and original, Hootsie

i {heart} papers said...

This is awesome! What a great BBQ invite it would make!