Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

PWC-Make-A-Wish-wm

Hi everyone,

Yeap today’s my birthday … so far it has been a pretty good day. I have not long come home from having lunch with my mother and sister to help celebrate the day.

It’s also time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge & Blog Hop. If you didn't hop onto my blog via Jackie Rakoski's blog then you might want to hop back over to the very start of the blog hop which is at Christie Ortman's blog.

This week the challenge is hosted by Jana Weaver. Jana’s challenge is In honor of my birthday, find inspiration for your card from some type of Owl (real or fictional) and include a picture of your inspiration with your post. Cool challenge, thanks Jana ;)

This week the Design Team are using “Lady Sophia” and “Make A Wish” which are both the stamp sets that are on special this week … 20% off!

This challenge was probably easiest for me seeing I have sooooo many owl things around the house. I recently purchased a pad of designer paper which has a few different sheets of owl designer paper inside it … so I decided to use this for my inspiration piece so you can actually see my inspiration on my card. I used the DP to pull out the colors of my card.

Originally I had thought about using the Lady Sophia set, but then I decided seeing it was my birthday why not created a birthday card hehe … you can never have too many of those to use right!

Want to play along with us
How to Enter: Create a card/project using the challenge above and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have. Upload your project to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC96.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Paper Pretties Design team to see what they came up with for this challenge.

Now to continue on the hop you need to head on over to Heather Lee-Reppen’s blog to see what she has created for this week’s challenge.

 

Stamps: Make A Wish – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Pink; Blue; DP – Papermania
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Star Punch; EK Success Curved Scallop Border Punch; Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; Pink Button; Pearls; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Frances, you certainly have made yourself a Beautiful card. The pattern paper is perfect :-) and the colours are really pretty.

Hope you have a great day!

Sharon x

Kathy said...

I just love this card! Such beautiful soft colours! Gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Happy Birthday! Such a gorgeous card!

Silli said...

Happy Birthday dear Frances, I wish you all the best... Enjoy your day... BIG HUGS!!!!!!!

ahhh, your card is so cute!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Fabulous card, Frances! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope that your day is AWESOME!

Peggy said...

What a fabulous card! Happy Birthday and Enjoy your day to the fullest!!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday! What a great card!

Shawnee Stamper said...

Wishing you a very happy Birthday Frances!
I love your card and the owl paper!

Unknown said...

Adorable card Frances!! Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you had a great day!! :)

Heather said...

Frances your card is AMAZING. Gorgeous! Hope your birthday is the best!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card, Frances!!

Cindy Haffner said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!! Love your darling card.

Vicki G said...

That little fat cheeked girl is the CUTEST!!k Love this Frances!

Vicki

jjcreations said...

Happy Birthday Frances!!! This is a beautiful card.....love that cake and all the little owls.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Well a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day (I think it's almost over down there)! Gorgeous birthday card you've created....no one deserves it more!!! LOL!!! Happy, happy day!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hootsie! I hope your day was spectacular! Love your darling birthday card to yourself!

butterflyamanda said...

beautiful card love the owl paper! happy birthday to you!!!

Unknown said...

Love your card, Frances! I hope you have a VERY Happy Birthday! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a perfect card for YOU...could you put my name on it and wish yourself a belated b'day

Hope it was a happy one, Hoots!!