Monday, July 4, 2016

Piano Happy Birthday



Hi everyone,

It seems this year I seem to be acquiring a number of dies with a music theme. A few months back I received some Tonic Studios music theme dies for my birthday from my daughter in London and then had to purchase the rest of the collection as I loved them so much.  Just recently I found this Poppy Stamps Happy Birthday sentiment  die done in a music theme which I thought would work well with my other dies I had. Then while at our local Papercrafts Show I found the Memory Box Piano Border die which I just had to add to my collection.



As soon as I saw the Piano Border die, I thought about making a Piano Shaped Card. I had made one many years ago so now I had the die I just had to make one. I cut my card to the desired size so the piano border would fit along the bottom and then cut around the right hand side and top to create a piano shape. The piano border is actually attached to the inside of the card and then the bottom part of the front was cut off so that the border/keys could be see when the card was closed.

I added the Happy Birthday Melody die cut on the lower part of the front of the card and then added a rose above this.

To keep the the front of the card closed when needed I added a tiny magnet under the white layer on the inside and on the inner flap. 


Here is a look at the card when it is opened to reveal the inside of the card. I stamped a birthday sentiment on the white panel and added a few music notes.

Stamps: Happy Birthday To You - Stamp World
Paper: White; Black; Red; Green
Dies: Piano Border - Memory Box; Happy Birthday Melody - Poppy Stamps; Musical Notes - Tonic Studios; Rose - Penny Black; Easel - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Red Ink; Green Ink; ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Magnets; Foam Tape


4 comments:

jojot said...

absolutely dramatic and stunning....one of your best ever

Karen Aicken said...

Wow Frances - that's great that you are collection music themed stamps. I look forward to all your creations with them. This one is just wonderful! Love that it's a shaped card, too.

Patricia said...

I have a piano card order and I now have to wait to make it until I have this Happy Birthday music die. I love what you did with the die on the front and the flower above it. Such a beautiful card.

Glenda said...

Where can I get this piano border ive looked everywhere, cant find to order. Please don’t tell me its discontinued... I gotta have it
Please email me glenda.white@wku.edu