It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Elizabeth Craft Designs recently released 21 new colors of Silk Microfine Glitter which are now added to my collection.
One of the things I remember Els telling me when I first met her about 2 1/2 years ago was to keep the protective backing with the adhesive sheets when you use them as these pieces can come in handy when doing some glitter techniques. My project today shows how to make use of these saved up pieces of adhesive sheets and uses a couple of the new glitter colors.
Here's how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock which is 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches and fold.
- Cut a piece of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock which is 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches. Layer this panel onto the folded purple card.
2. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front of the card so it measures approx 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches. (save the protective backing you remove from the adhesive as we will need that for this technique)
- Use the saved protective backing sheets and die cut the middle die from the Beaded Circle Frames die set five times.
- Before removing the protective backing from the adhesive covered card we created above, lay out the circles on top of the card to work out the layout. (Tip - use your phone or tablet to take a photo so you remember the layout)
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive covered card being careful not to touch the adhesive. Carefully place the die cut beaded circles protective backing die cuts as per your layout design. (Tip - if you are in need to handle the adhesive card, place a piece of scrap protective backing paper onto the adhesive and use that to handle rather than touching the adhesive which will leave finger prints once glitter is added.)
- Position the inner circle which comes when you die cut the Beaded Circle Frames back inside the beaded circles frames on the adhesive. (Tip - for easier placement into the beaded circle frames, look for the notches that line up with the three beads that are close together on the circle).
- Place another large piece of protective backing paper over the adhesive covered card and rub all over with fingers or a bone folder to ensure that the frames and inner circles are secured done well.
- Remove the large protective backing from adhesive covered card.
3. Working over a coffee filter, cover the large area of adhesive with Violet Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess and return to the jar. Use your finger to polish the glitter into the adhesive sheet.
- Carefully remove the Beaded Circle Frames backing paper pieces from the adhesive and cover this area with Black Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess and return to the jar. Use your finger to polish the black glitter areas.
- Finally remove the inner circle protective backing paper pieces and from the adhesive and cover this area with Lavender Ice Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess and return to the jar. Use you finger to polish the Lavender Ice Glitter.
- Trim down the card so it measures 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches and layer onto the folded card created in step 1.
4. Apply Purple/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to all the beaded parts of the circles.
5. Using the pinwheel die from the Pinwheel die set, die cut three pinwheels from designer paper.
- Assemble pinwheels using a brad to keep pinwheel closed. Cover the head of the pinwheel with a large Purple/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers.
- Attach the pinwheels to the centre of the circles as per photo above.
6. The Inside of the Card:
- Apply a strips of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape along the bottom of the card in the following widths: 10mm; 3mm; 10mm and 3mm.
- Remove the protective backing from the 3mm strips and cover with Black Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish black glitter with fingers.
- Remove the protective backing with the bottom 10mm strip and cover with Violet Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish violet glitter with fingers.
- Remove the protective backing with the top 10mm strip and cover with Lavender Ice Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish violet glitter with fingers.
7. Die cut the middle die from the Beaded Circle Frames die set from Rich Black and Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Adhere the purple inner circle to the centre of the inside of the card and then adhere the black beaded circle frame around the edge.
- Stamp the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the General Sentiments Clear Stamps to the centre of the circle using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Designer Paper - Bo Bunny Secret Garden Garland 12 x 12 paper
Inks - Black
Die Cutting Machine