Sunday, July 24, 2016

Happy 60th!


Hi everyone,

My sister turned 60 last week, so of course I had to make her a special birthday card. As she loves elephants it wasn't hard to figure out what to decorate her card with :)



As you can see I have created a Pop Up card using the Happy Birthday Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

On the top edge of my card I added the Balloon from the MFT Stamps Blueprints 26 die set. I also added the 60th to the top of the balloon.



I also added three elephants to the inside on my card. The two standing up near the centre of the card are attached to the spinner from the Rectangle Pull Card die set, this meant I could have them sitting up without hiding the Happy Birthday Sentiment on the pop up  which is what would have happened if I had attached them straight onto the lower box of the pop up.


For the front of the card I have again used the balloon from the Blueprints 26 die set and added another elephant so it looks like it is holding the string of the balloon with it's trunk.

Hopefully my sister will like her card.

Stamps: Adorable Elephants; LJD Birthday Greetings - MFT Stamps; Best Birthday - Clearly Besotted
Paper: White; Pink; Bright Pink; Purple; Merci DP - Hunter Leisure Pty Ltd
Dies: Happy  Birthday Pop Up Card; Rectangle Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Blueprints 26; By the Numbers - MFT Stamps; Suffix Style - Papertrey Ink.
Other: Black Ink; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Foam Tape; Copics



3 comments:

CASTOWNE said...

Of course, your sister will love the card...it's great.

BeverlyBL said...

I love your card. If your sister doesn't want it, just have her forward it to me :-) It is just the cutest thing.

jojot said...

what sweet elephants......each cuter than the next