Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April 2018 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our April Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is .... "HIP TO BE SQUARE" - incorporate a square (or squares) into your project of any theme.



I decided to create a card using Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop-up die set on a square card.

I created three panels for my card insert using white cardstock which I decorated using distress oxide inks and added the grassy hills to the base using the Nature Edges die set.

I stamped, colored and cut out images from the Winnie & Walter's Happy Dance Clear Stamp set which I have been wanting to play with for a while. I added a stamped sentiment from the stamp set to the square pop up panel and added the cat and a birthday cake to the spinner which pops up from behind the square panel.

The speech bubble is a die included in the Spinner Square Pop-up die set.

I die cut five balloons from white cardstock and colored them using colors I used on the front of my card and adhered them to the top portion of the card. 




Here is a short video which shows my card in action.


Here is a look at the front of my card ... I created my card and scene on a square panel. I added the # 6 die cut from the Numbers die set to the little bear on the left. 


One last photo showing how the cat holding the cake spinner portion of the card moves up towards the top of the card when it is closed.



Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:



Other:
Stamps - Happy Dance by Winnie & Walter
Cardstock - White
Copic Opaque White
Copics
Foam Tape



2 comments:

jojot said...

an absolutely fun and fabulous b'day card

Arlene W. said...

I love all your characters and the festive balloons! The spinner square pop-up is so versatile and the recipient of this card is sure to smile!