Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Dive Into Adventure


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today is for a challenge I do with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we challenge each other to create something using supplies we all own.

For our challenge this month we are playing with alcohol inks.


For both cards I used the same four colors of alcohol inks ... Aqua; Pool; Mermaid; Aquamarine onto Yupo paper.

After adding the color to my paper I die cut a square using the Dashing Squares die set.

I then stamped the images onto my card using black ink. The hardest part of this card was the stamping, my black archival ink pad is old and was dry and when I first tried it wasn't very successful even after re-inking. I did try others even purchasing another black ink but none of those gave a clean crisp image on alcohol ink. So I tried my archival again and it worked finally ... the ink must have finally soaked in, although I did have to ink each image more than once to get a decent image. Thank goodness for the MISTI.


On the inside I added a few more stamped images from two of the stamp sets I was using for these card which are from Hunkydory.


For my second card I decided to play with a new freebie die I received from a magazine I purchased .... Enjoy Today Flip Flop Die Set by Tonic Studios. 


I like how easy this was to turn from a flip flop card to a stand up card.


Here is a look at the who panel on the card base. The "Sea You Soon" sentiment is embossed using white embossing powder onto black cardstock and is from a Lawn Fawn stamp set.


Supplies:



Other:

Stamps - Dive In; You're a Treasure; Forever a Mermaid - Hunkydory
Cardstock - Teal
Foam Tape




3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is so pretty! Fabulous stamps too - those mermaids!

jojot said...

love the silhouetted images with the alcohol ink bkgd....are they a stamp or die set or designer paper????

StampOwl said...

Joanne the silhouetted images are all stamps