Hi Crafty Friends,
It's time for our December Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what our talented designers created for the challenge.
Our challenge this month is .....
Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched Inspiration. For our challenge this month use any of the Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched nested dies when you create your card or project. There are four different die sets in this collection … squares; rectangles; ovals and circles.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Facebook Giveaway Blog Post or the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us Which of the Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched die sets would you use on a project and how would you use it.
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, December 21st on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and our Facebook page.
For my card today I decided to create a Diorama or Shadow Box card using the Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched Circles die set to die cut the centre circles out of the front of the Diorama and the patterned paper on the front of the card.
Here's how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Cut two pieces of red cardstock that measured 4 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Score each panel at 1/2 inch and 2 inches.
- Using the 4 1/4 inch square from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from patterned paper.
- Centre the 3/12 inch circle from the Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched Circles and die cut the centre of the square.
- Position the square onto the front of one of the red pieces cut earlier and then centre the 3 inch circle from the Garden Notes - Frame It/Stitched Circles in the circle area and die cut.
Step 2 -
- Apply adhesive to the tab of what will be the back panel and attach it to the front.
- Cut a panel of patterned paper 4 1/2 inch square and adhere to the back of the the inside of the card.
- Using white cardstock, die cut a snow drift using the Adventure edges die set and adhere to the back over the bottom of the patterned paper.
Step 3 -
- Cut two pieces of white cardstock that are 5 1/2 inches x whatever height works for your design.
- Using the Adventure Edges snow border to die cut both panels. Score each end at 1/2 inch.
- Adhere the left hand side tabs of both snow drifts to the left hand panel of diorama card.
- Apply adhesive to the right hand side of both snow drifts and close right hand side panel over the tabs.
- Apply adhesive to final tab and adhere to the front.
Step 4 -
- Decorate card as desired. For my card I used the Elf Clear Stamp set and coordinating dies which I adhered to the inside of the diorama.
- The North Pole sign was created using the sign from the Igloo die set and the sentiment from the Cute Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set. I die cut the sign from white cardstock and colored using Copic markers.
- I also added the Happy Holidays Banner to the front of the diorama at the top of the circle.
Here is a look at my card when it is folded flat ready to be placed in an envelope.
I added two square panels using the Dashing Squares die set to the back of the diorama and added a sentiment and another of the elves. This gives a place for the giver to write a personal message.
I hope you enjoyed my project today. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers and for a change to win the giveaway.
For your shopping convenience, all products are linked below. Compensated affiliate links are used where possible with no extra cost to you. This helps me to continue to share all the projects I include on my blog. Please note I only use and share products I love.
Cute diorama card!
Post a Comment