Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Paint Your Dreams

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have an art themed shaped card to share with you using products from Spellbinders Paper Arts.

Recently Spellbinders release some stamp/stamp sets designed by Vicky Papaioannou. All the sets had a "paint" theme consisting of either paint brushes or a paint palette and a sentiment set which was paint/color related. These looked like lots of fun, so I added some to my stash.

For my card today I used the Painter's Palette die set along with the Paint Your World Sentiment stamp set.

When I googled a painter's palette, the majority of them were a wood color. So I die cut the palette using Lawn Fawn's Light Brown Woodgrain cardstock to create the front of my card. To create the card base, I cut a piece of white cardstock to the size needed and folded it in half. I then used the palette die and placed it on my card so that the top portion of the die went over the fold in the card so it wouldn't cut.


Of course a painter's palette isn't complete without paint. I die cut these using the 4 dies included in the Painter's Palette die set using rainbow colours, I did add a couple of extra just for fun. I wanted the highlight of the paint to be white, so I layered the paint over a scrap of white card. After adhering all the paint to the palette I then added glossy accents to each of the colours so that it looked a little more like paint.

I die cut two paint brushes adding colour to the end of the brushes, using paint colours already on the palette. I threaded the brushes through the thumb hole of the palette. I added the tube of paint over the brushes.

Finally I added a sentiment using one of the stamps included in the Paint Your World stamp set.


For the inside of the card, I added another of the sentiments included in the Paint Your World stamp set.

I then die cut two more tubes of paint and added them to the right side of the sentiment. I also die cut another paint brush which I added to the left side of my sentiment.








1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful shaped card