Monday, May 2, 2022

Sending Hugs

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing two cards I created using various hot foil products from Pinkfresh Studio and Waffle Flower Crafts.

A week or two ago, I spent the day foiling some of my new foil plates I have received recently, rather than wasting all the leftover foil after foiling each of the various plates, I used the leftovers with my Solid Foil Plate to get the negative image also. So my cards today have a mixture of both the positive and negative foiled images. 

A lot more companies are starting to introduce Hot Foil Stamps/Plates to their range of products in the last few months which means even more great options!


For both background of my card I used Waffle Flower Crafts Triple Line Diamond Foil Plate. I foiled this onto white cardstock using gold foil. I used the negative foiled piece from this for my second card.

For the hexagon layer, I used the Pinkfresh Studio's new Nested Hexagons Hot Foil Plates with coordinating dies. For this panel I used the negative image using the Solid Hot Foil Plate.

To decorate my card I used the Songbirds Hot Foil Plate, foiling the image using gold foil. I then used the coordinating stencils and dies to add color and die cut the images.

I added a sentiment using the Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate.

To finish off my card I added gold metallic pearls to the Hexagon Panel.


 For the inside of my card, I added one of the larger hexagon panels . I then used the negative gold foiled image to add to the panel.

The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is another from the Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate.


As mentioned above, for my second image I used the negative image from the background panel that I used for my first card.

For the hexagon panel I used the white (positive) panel. I added the remainder of the images leftover from making my first card onto the panel.


For the inside of my second card I used the solid gold hexagon panel, however I didn't want the whole panel to be solid gold seeing that the bird/leaves and sentiment were also gold and also I needed a white area that can be written on if needed. So I used the coordinating hexagon dies to die cut the centre of the hexagon and also a solid white one behind.

I then used the leftover images from the Songbirds Hot Foil Plate.















1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful foiled cards.