Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Tropical Diorama

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a tropical themed diorama card to share with you today using some new dies from Crafter's Companion.

This card uses the Tropical Paradise Interchangeable Scene die set which was recently released by Crafter's Companion. There are 6 different die sets that can either be used on there own or combined with another of the die sets to create wonderful 3D scene cards. These looked so much fun that I had to add them to my stash.


This diorama card measures 5 inches square, I added the accordion sides to add the various layers to the inside of my card, to give the look of depth.  The accordion piece on this card measures 5 inches x 3 1/2 inches and I scored along the piece at 1/2 inch intervals.

There are two different square panels on the inside of the diorama, one has palm trees and the other leaves. Also included in the die set are extra leaves, the parrot and flamingoes.

 


I blended various shades of yellow and orange inks to the back panel to create my sunset sky. I also added a moon using a circle die.


The blue frame around the opening was created using a frame included in Mama Elephant's Framed Tags Union Square die set.

I added a birthday sentiment using a stamp set from Colorado Craft Company.


I added another of the frames and the inner panel to the back of my card, so I had a place to add a sentiment and also to write a personal greeting.

The sentiment is one from MFT Stamps called Tickled Pink.

Other Supplies:
Tickled Pink Stamp Set - MFT Stamps (discontinued)








1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great tropical card!