Thursday, June 29, 2017

Believe


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month I am back with my final challenge for the month.

Saturday the 24th June was Fairy Day ... so for our challenge this week let's include a fairy or fairies on our card.



I recently spent three days demoing at our local Scrapbook and Papercrafts Expo here in Brisbane and of course you don't spend all that time at a show and not come home with anything right! A couple of my purchases at the show were a couple of fairies from Lavinia Stamps. My friends have been talking about these for about a year or so now and have a good collection, so I figured it was time I got a few too 😀.

For my card I decided to create a Centre Step Card using my Cheery Lynn Designs die set I have had for a few years, it makes creating this style of card super easy.

I die cut all the layers for the card in white, masked the moon on the centre panel and then used my Distress Oxide inks to create the background. I stamped a few pieces of scenery and added the fairy to the centre panel.

I also added some Moonlight Glitter Nuvo Drops randomly over the card to give it a fantasy feel.

On the bottom panel, I added the A Way with Words - Believe sentiment.



For the inside of the card I added the other fairy I purchased at the show and a sentiment.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould


Stamps: Tree Goddess Luna; Moments Like These - Lavinia Stamps; Fairy Wishes - Practical Publishing; Grasses - IndigoBlu
Paper: White Soft Finish Cardstock - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Black; Purple
Dies: Centre Step Card - Cheery Lynn Designs;  A Way with Words Believe - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink;  Broken China Distress Oxide; Wilted Violet Distress Oxide; Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide; Wilted Violet Distress Ink; White Blizzard Glitter Nuvo Drops; Foam Tape




8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous background you have created for this lovely fairy with your distress oxides!! I placed the 12 new colors on pre-order yesterday!! They are my new favorite ink!! Your card is a stunning beauty, Frances! Thanks for all the wonderful challenges you created for the CCEE Stampers for June! They have all been such fun!

Liz Williams said...

You have been so creative with these awesome challenges, Frances. Thanks for all you do to keep us technically going as well. I love the beautiful colors you have selected for this gorgeous fairy card. As always, your card is so magnificent!

Karen Aicken said...

So pretty - your Distress Oxide background is amazing!!

MiamiKel said...

WOW, this is absolutely amazing! I was just talking about the oxides on my post today - and here you are with this masterpiece! Gorgeous card, as always - and another fun theme this week!

Lois said...

You made a great purchase at your show. Your fairies are lovely, and the one on the front is backed with a wonderful design. I love the purple! Step cards are always fun.

Vicky Gould said...

Absolutely delightful! Love the colors!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That ethereal bg is gorgeous with your beautiful fairy!!

jojot said...

absolutely stunning......hope to get back to see what else you've been up to while I was gone, but not enough time today