Thursday, June 1, 2017

I Donut Know



Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Me!!!!!!

Apparently the 2nd June is Doughnut Day so for our challenge today create something that has some type of "hole" in it. It could be a doughnut, cheese, fancy fold card with a hole ... anything!


I decided I needed to add a doughnut stamp/die set to my collection for this challenge so I purchased this one from Reverse Confetti.

As I just received the new Concord & 9th Triangle Turnabout stamp, I had to try that out for my background ..... love love love this stamp. I used colors on the background that are in my  doughnuts. This background stamps works so well in the MISTI.



I created a Gatefold Shutter card using the Nellie Snellen Magic Card Round die set. When you open the card, the circle at the centre top opens up.



Here you can see the card started to reveal the hidden message behind the shutters.




Here is my card fully opened.



Here is a quick video showing my card in action as it opens and closes.


One final photo of my card when it is closed laying on my desk.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Stamps: Donut You Know - Reverse Confetti; Triangle Turnabout - Concord & 9th
Paper:White; Brown; Pink
Dies: Magic Card Die Round - Nellie Snellen; Donut You Know Confetti Cuts - Reverse Confetti
Other: Black Ink; Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide; Vintage Photo Distress Oxide; Brilliance Pearlescent Beige; Brilliance Pearlescent Coral; Foam Tape; Copics











































7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Love, love, love this one! What a cool die cut for the shutter. What great images and layout. A+!!!

Liz Williams said...

Your stamp and die collection never ceases to amaze me. You have one for any theme and they are always so darn cute. Love the pinks on this and the adorable play on words.

Lois said...

Very clever! This was the perfect card for today's challenge.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Clever and tasty card!!

jojot said...

perfect images...and they look deeeelish

Karen Aicken said...

Oh so cute! Love that background, too.

Lynn McAuley said...

Someone is going to be very happy that you forgot their birthday when they get this amazing card!! How awesome, Frances!!