Saturday, October 6, 2007

Old Fashioned Santa!

I am late posting my card today for Beate's weekend sketch challenge, as I was busy making other cards which I will be uploading at a later date and also too lazy to set up my area that I take my photos.

For this card I decided to use my Believe set from Papertrey Ink .... it has been sitting here waiting to be inked and up till now I just didn't have the time to do so. The DP I used are from the Basic Grey Fruitcake Range, I used the circles one you can see on the left and the reddish background is actually the reverse side of one of the other patterns that come in this range. This background isn't a true red so I went searching my markers to see if I had something suitable to color Santa so it would match the background paper ..... fortunately I found something.

As well as paper piercing around the border of the Santa layer I also pierced the top right hand corner of the card .... however that is hard to see in this photo.

Recipe:
Stamps: Believe Set - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Olive; White; Fruitcake DP Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Photo Corner Punch; Label Punch; Oval Punch; CM Circle Cutter; Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon; Olive Brads; Foam Tape

10 comments:

Jill MacDonald said...

This card is really lovely!

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful Frances!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Christmas card! I love the paper, colors and set you chose. I really like the look of the large oval over the designer label. I might have to try that.
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

Your card is awesome, Frances! I love the paper you've used, and the paper piercing! Your coloring looks great as well!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the Santa and the way you have paper pricked the frame

Marlou McAlees said...

love your card!!! excellent :)

Shannon McGann said...

This is so beautiful! What a great Christmas card. Love the rich colours.

Unknown said...

I love the beauty and simplicity of this.

Sam said...

This is a lovely card!

Deb said...

This is so beautiful, love your take on Beate's sketch!