Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Sneak Peek!

Yesterday I told you about a new line of stamps which are to be released on Friday 5th October.
These stamps are called Hanna Stamps and they are so adorable! I am thrilled that Kristi asked me to be part of her design team! As I live in Australia I have had to wait a few extra days for my stamps to arrive so I could start creating some cards using this set .... we I was so pleased when Aust Post came knocking on my door this afternoon while I was making my card for this weeks sketch challenge.

I had already created the file folder yesterday, I had so much fun creating my file folder on the weekend for Beate's weekend sketch challenge that I wanted to make another one and thought I black and white one would be fun to do.

I have kept this card pretty much all black & white except for the flesh color on Hanna! I used paper piecing for Hanna's dress and paper piercing around the band. For this one I decided to make the band a belly band so it can slide off to open the card if required, it helps keep the card closed. The flower is actually a white flower but I wanted it to be black so colored it with my alcohol markers.


Recipe:
Stamps: All Stamps - Hanna Stamps
Paper: Black & White; Imaginese DP
Other: Black Ink; Flower; White Brad; White Gel Pen; Scallop Circle Punch; Tab Punch; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; CM Circle Cutter

10 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

WOW! What a fantastic new stamp...Okay, now I HAVE to have it! LOL!

Alyce said...

Love the contrast and the look of the black and white. I'll have to check out the Hanna stamps.
I notice you use Whipper Snapper stamps. I live 30 minutes from the owner's store.
I'm also a collector of owls and a stamper. I'll check back to see what you do next.
Alyce
snowyowl@wi.rr.com

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Frances, I love it, this set was made for me:)

Tracy.H said...

OMG! This is amazing! I so love this stamp!!! :0)

Vicki G said...

Frances, your card is Adorable!!! I cannot believe that Hanna arrived in Australia before she got to Canada!! That IS amazing!!!!!!!!!

I am very excited to be on this DT with you!!!!!!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Hanna is dazzling us from down under already!! I LOVE your black & white girly girl! (Now I can hardly wait to have this darling set right here!)

~Bev / Tex

Becky G said...

Fantastic card and Congratulations! They made a grea choice! Love your blog and I'm glad I found it!

Have a great day!

Lynn Put said...

Is this ever cute, love the black and white, the Hanna stamps the flower on the tab, everything!

Memories of Time said...

You are totally ROCKIN Hanna!! LOVE this folder card!!

Unknown said...

Wow...Frances put this on our to do list for 2008