Saturday, October 20, 2007

Girls Night Out!

Girls night out! that is the theme for todays mini VSN. There are a total of 4 challenges that you can do and you can take as long as you want to create them ... it doesn't have to be 45 mins as it normally is for VSN challenges.

I am one of the hostesses for todays mini VSN .... my challenge is a sketch challenge, you can see my card above. As there are such a lot of sketch challenges around these days I decided to go back to basics .... thinking along the theme of this VSN .... having a little black dress (well not so little for me ;) ) in your wardrobe is a great investment cause you can dress it up or down whatever the case may be depending on the occasion .......... well that is what I thought about this simple sketch.

I couldn't resist using this image that I did for my sketch card ..... it isn't just the young girls who enjoy a good night out now is it! I am looking forward to seeing what others do with this sketch on SCS!


This second card was made for the "Time for a Martini" challenge .... we had to use the verse that goes "One martini, two martini, three martini, floor". This is such a fun verse and of course I had to have it even though I don't drink. I decided I wanted to play with my new nestabilities dies for this card and create a tent card .... I am loving these dies .... so far I have used all my sets and have ordered the rectangle too but I may have to wait before that arrives .... that is ok the other 3 will keep me busy! I didn't have room on my card to put the whole verse on the front of the card so I just used the first two lines of it on the front .... the rest of the verse is inside the card.

That's all the challenges I have done so far, hopefully I will get some time to do some more. For more info on all of the 4 challenges been run check out this thread.

Recipes:

Girls wanna have fun:
Stamps : Inky Antics
Paper: Red, White, Purple, Purple Stripe - Making Memories
Other: Black Ink; Red Brads; Ticket Corner Punch

One Martini:
Stamps: Inky Antics
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive - SU; Pheobe Basic Grey DP; White
Other: Black Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Oval Punch; Label Punch; Olive Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: