Monday has arrived so it is time for another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends (that better Tosh? .... probably not but I said it anyway ;) !)
Once a month one of our members sends everyone else some supplies needed to create our challenge card for the last Monday of the month. This month it was Dawn's turn to supply our challenge .... she sent us a large paint chip and some chipboard shapes. Her instructions were to create a card or altered item using the ENTIRE paint chip. We were allowed to cut it apart if we wanted to, but we had to leave it in the correct color order. We also had to use any of the chipboard pieces she supplied to create our item.
Now this paint chip was massive! It had to be at least 21 1/2 cm x 10 cm (approx 8 1/2 inches x 4 inches) it was actually a tiny bit larger as it had curved sides but after checking in with Dawn we were allowed to straighten the sides :) ..... originally I had planned on making this into some sort of card and layering the paint chip but using the paint chip as would have created a very oversized card so I had to go with plan B (Yes Cindy ... I needed a plan B too ;) )
First I ran my paint chip through the cuttlebug as I wanted to add texture to it .... that looked ok but I did see one or 2 tiny pieces of white so I thought hmmm lets sand it ... if I did this again I would not sand my paint chip .... arghhhhhh what had I done! I only had the one paint chip ... so no room for mistakes! I then decided rather than making that oversized card I would cut up my paint chip and turn it into an accordion card. I layered each panel onto burgundy card and then attached it to an accordion card I created to suit my paint chip panels.
The chipboard shapes Dawn sent me included a flower shape so I took that one and a couple of others I had here and painted them using pink acrylic paints, layered them ....used large brads for the centres of 2 of the flowers and stamped on the large one. I used ribbon for the stems and stamped my leaves from my autumn leaves "build a flower" set. The large verse is stamped on acetate using black stazon and then attached to that panel using pink dragonfly brads.
It is not my most favorite of cards I have created by I don't hate it either ... it is fun to sometimes do something a little out of the norm to what you would usually do. Thanks Dawn for a fun challenge!
Stamps: Leaves from Build a Flower - Autumn Leaves; Wishing You verse - Hero Arts; may the simple joys - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Regal Rose - Stampin' Up; White; Burgundy
Other: Black Ink; Paint Chip; Green Grosgrain Ribbon; Pink Dragonfly Brads; Jumbo Brads; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder