Sunday, July 13, 2008

Be Calm!


My card today combines two challenges. The first is this weeks MFT sketch challenge over on the MFT member forum. I was pleased to see the heart shape on the card as I knew it meant I could using my heart nestabilities I purchased about a month ago when I attended a local papercrafts convention. The second challenge here is a color challenge which I found on a new challenge blog called Color Throwdown where they do a different color challenge each week. This week the colors we had to use were: Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow & Regal Rose.

The flower stamp used here is one of the new Annie LaPoint flower stamps which are now on sale at MFT Stamps. This particular image is called "Be Calm". Normally the sentiment is underneath the image ... but I decided to stamp my image so that the flowers and the sentiment were separate as I thought it worked better for this particular card.

As there is a diamond/harlequin pattern on the bath I decided to use my harlequin background stamp by Flourishes Rubber Stamps to create the background on my heart..... I stamped this onto the heart using pretty in pink SU ink.

The heart and both ovals were all created using my nestabilities dies .... the larger oval is using the classic oval and the sentiment is using the petite ovals set.

I added texture to the pink base using the rough diamonds cuttlebug embossing folder and the sage shadow piece using the distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder.

I added the ribbon to the top left side of the heart image.

Recipe:
Stamps: Annie LaPoint Be Calm - MFT Stamps; Harlequin Background Set - Flourishes
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow & Regal Rose - SU
Other: Black Ink; Pretty In Pink SU Ink; Oval, Petite Oval & Heart Nestabilities; Rough Diamonds & Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Pink Brads; Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape



8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So beautiful Frances, beautiful and calm.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is darling Hoots!! I love how you combined all the harlequin shapes!! And your layout with the heart and colors...Fabulous!! AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

This is STUNNING!! Your work is so beautiful, I love it!

Kisa Peters said...

This is soo cute! I Love all the detail..the sponged embossed background, the pattern on the heart.. it all looks excellent!

Thanks for playing!

LeAnne said...

First, I love these new MFT images; second, this card ROCKS! I love the CB, the background on the heart, everything! And third, I love how you put the sentiment separate. Very nice job on the challenge, thanks!
LeAnne

Tammy Hershberger said...

Hootsie, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you used the diamond pattern in so many ways! Thanks for playing our Color Throwdown! :)

Renee said...

Love it! I love all the textures and layers...so so pretty!

Kristine said...

Gorgeous card!! Your colors and layout are so great and the sentiment goes so perfect with this image. REally NICE card!! (boy, I wish I had some nesties!!) =)