Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Sweet Little Boy!

My card today uses one of the new stamp sets which will be released by MFT Stamps this Wednesday 1st April. This set is called "Cuddle Up Carter"..... and has been named after Carole's four year old son Carter!

This is stamp set is MFT Stamps newest charity set, with $2.00 from every set sold over the next 6 months going to benefit kids with Cerebral Palsy (like Carole's son, Carter) via the non-profit Euro-Peds clinic in Pontiac, Michigan!

I just love this new set ... Carter is so sweet (both the stamp and the real boy hehe!) ..... having a husband who collects trains I also loved that this set includes a cute little train which I have also used on my card. This set would also work well with Nite Nite Ellie which was released by MFT Stamps last month.

I paper pieced the blanket that Carter is holding. The train border along the bottom of the card was created using the Martha Stewart train border punch. I used the Sizzix baby geo texture plate to create the texture on my card.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, April 1st from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 4 new sets being released!

Head over to the MFT forum HERE to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Cuddle Up Carter - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Baja Breeze & So Saffron - SU; Nursery Boy Stack - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; So Saffron SU Ink; Martha Stewart Train Border Punch; Baby Geo Sizzix Texture Plate; Star Punches; Blue Brads; Foam Tape; Copics


10 comments:

Unknown said...

It IS cute! I love it!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Farnces and a worthwhile cause!
Clairex

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute Frances and I love your train punch.

Betty J Schaub said...

awe... both my big boy (hubs) and my little boy (grandson Zack) LOVE trains! This is too sweet.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweetie

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - super duper cute card!!!

Tracey said...

This is adorable Frances!! Love this new set!!

jjcreations said...

Ahhh, this is sweet. I like the little train silhouette along the bottom.

Maryann said...

Love the texture plate and of course the Martha tweart train punch

Vicki G said...

OMGosh! That is adorable!!!!

Vicki