Monday, November 21, 2016

November 2016 Pop It Ups Designer Challenge #2



Hi everyone,

Welcome to our second Pop It Ups Designer Challenge for November. This time round our challenge was set by Karen Aicken. Our challenge this week is "Charmed, I'm sure!" - use any of the charm dies for a card of any theme.


For our last challenge Karen Burniston shared how to create a window card using the Lorna Label Pop Up card die set. I loved the idea and as I hadn't made my card for this challenge as yet decided I would use the tutorial to create my card. You can see Karen's video for this tutorial here.

For the base of my card I used the Lorna Label Pop Up die set. 


To decorate my card I used the Barrel Basket with Pop Up to create the baby basket and filled it with baby goodies using the Baby Charms die set.

On the rectangle pop up piece I added the flourish from the Agatha Edges die set.


I used the Baby Clear Stamp set for the sentiment on the inside of the card which is layered onto the fishtail flag banner from the Lots of Pops Pop Up die set.




For the front of the card I decorated the window opening using the two main dies from the Lorna Label Pop Up and added the "BABY" and "GIRL" using the Alphabet 1 Caps die set.



If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (now online only).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Tuesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.


Stamps: Baby Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Plum;  Coffee in the Arbor/Raspberry Jam Cookies DP - Maja Designs
Dies: Lorna Labels Pop Up; Barrel Basket with Pop Up; Baby Charms; Lots of Pops Pop Up; Agatha Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

So much detail! This was fun to look at!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is just WONDERFUL! Love it.