Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. I wanted to play with a few of the new dies and sentiment stamp sets that were just released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I have paired these up with the cute ladybug from the ModaScrap Color of Puppies Girl Clear Stamp set.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches to create a top folding 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch card.
Step 2 -
- Using the Abstract Background die, die cut the background using White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using rainbow colors of Distress Oxide and a blending tool, sponge on color onto the background starting with red.
- Continue sponging on colors in rainbow order (Red; Orange; Yellow; Green; Blue; Violet) until the whole background is covered.
- Spritz background with water from a distress sprayer.
Step 3 -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to the same size as the background (4" x 5 1/4") and apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and adhere the background panel onto the adhesive cardstock.
- Cover any of the remaining exposed adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and polish the glitter carefully with your finger.
- Adhere background panel to the front of the folded card base using foam tape or fun foam.
- Adhere Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the centre of each of the flower shapes on the background panel.
Step 4 -
- Using the Stitched Stars die set, die cut the third smallest star from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Sponge Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink to the edges of the star to match the color on the background.
- Using the Fitted Stars die set, die cut the second smallest star from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Sponge Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink to the star, applying the color dark on the outer edges. Spritz panel with water using a distress sprayer.
- Layer the two stars on top of each other and attach stars to the upper left hand corner of card.
Step 5 -
- Using the ModaScrap Color of Puppies Girl Clear Stamp set, stamp the ladybug and two hearts from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut images using coordinating dies.
- Color as desired. (Ladybug was colored to match the colors of the background).
- To create dots on the ladybug color white dots on top of the body using a white gel pen.
- Adhere the ladybug to the centre of the star using foam tape.
Step 6 -
- Using the new Sentiments 1 - Celebration Clear Stamp set and coordinating die set, die cut the words "Happy" and "Birthday" from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Place the negative die cut piece of cardstock into a stamp positioning tool (MISTI used here).
- Place the die cut words into the negative opening on the cardstock as shown on the photo on the right above.
- Carefully line up the two sentiment stamps over the die cut words. Close the MISTI lid to pick up the stamps.
- Ink up the stamps with black ink and stamp sentiment.
- Adhere sentiment to the bottom right hand corner of card.
Step 7 -
- Adhere the two hearts that were stamped and die cut in step 5 above sentiment.
Step 8 - Inside of Card:
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
- Apply color to the panel in the same way we did to the background panel in step 2 again applying the ink in rainbow order.
- Spritz the panel with water from a distress sprayer to get a distressed look.
- Using the Sentiments 1 - Celebrations and Sentiment 2 - Just Because Clear Stamp sets and coordinating dies, die cut the words "Sending" "Birthday" and "Wishes" following the steps shown in step 6.
- Adhere sentiment to the centre of the rainbow panel.
- Adhere the rainbow panel to the inside of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Oxides: Candied Apple; Spiced Marmalade; Wild Honey; Twisted Citron; Peacock Feathers; Wilted Violet