Hi Crafty Friends,
It's time for our November Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what our talented designers created for the challenge.
This month the challenge is …. Pop Up Cards using the General Pop-Ups die set. It is always fun to open up a card which reveals something popped up inside it and they are so easy to create when you have this die set which has so many different options for creating pop up cards, use just one die or combine multiple dies along the centre fold of your card to create fun Pop-Ups!
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use with the General Pop Ups die set if you were making a Pop Up Card?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
For my card today I used Becky Seddon's Stylish Snowman & Christmas Tree die sets along with the General Pop-ups die set to create my pop-up card.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Using the Stylish Snowman die set die cut the following:
- (1) Snowman Body (large, medium and small circles) from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Snowman Hat from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Snowman Nose from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Pair of Snowman Arms from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Scarf (three pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Set Buttons from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- (1) Set Eyes from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- (1) Mouth from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- Sponge around all three circles lightly with blue ink
- Color the hat, nose, scarf and arms
- Assemble Snowman referring to photo above for placement. (Note the position of the arms so that a tree can be placed in them later).
Step 2 -
- Using the Solid dies from the Christmas Tree die set and Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock die cut enough branches to create three trees. Note: the large tree contains all 5 branches; the middle sized tree the 4 smaller branches and the small tree has 2 of the smallest branches.
- Sponge around the top of the tree branches using Forest Moss Distress Ink.
- Die cut three tree trunks (note you may need to hand cut a longer trunk for the longer tree.
- Assemble trees
- Apply glue to the bottom edges of the branches and cover with White Silk Microfine Glitter. (Note I did this after I had attached my trees to my pop up card, but it is easier to do this step first.
Step 3 -
- Cut a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap It's Christmas Time 12 x 12 Patterned Paper Pack so it measures 5 1/2 inches x 12 inches.
- Score along the 12 inch side at 6 inches and fold.
- Open up the patterned paper and position the pop up dies (see photo above) so that the centre nubs of the die are positioned on the centre fold of the card. Note: I assembled my snowman and trees before die cutting the pop up dies, so that I could use them to work out the positioning of each piece.
- Die cut the paper, remove the pop up dies and train the cut pieces to create pop up panels in the card.
- Cut a piece of Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2 inches x 12 inches.
- Score and fold along the 12 inch side at 6 inches.
- Adhere the pop up patterned paper piece to the inside of the Olive Twist card, being careful not to place any adhesive near the pop up panels.
Step 4 -
- Adhere the large tree to the centre pop up, the smaller tree to the pop up on the right and the snowman to the pop up on the left. Note: Make sure that when you are positioning the snowman that none of the parts are visible when the card is closed either along the left edge or the bottom of the card.
- Trim any of the tree branches on the right pop up if they are hanging over the edge of the card.
- Adhere the smallest tree to the snowman's arms using foam tape.
Step 5 -
- Using one of the speech bubbles from the Speech Bubbles Edgy Options die set, die cut from aqua cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set to the speech bubble using black ink.
- Using white ink stamp the snowflakes which are also from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set randomly around the speech bubble.
- Adhere the speech bubble to the top edge of the card using foam tape. Trim off an overhanging parts of the speech bubble.
Step 6 -
- Cut a piece of Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 2 inches x 5 /12 inches. Place the scallop edge from the Valentine Edges die set to the top part of the card and die cut.
- Adhere panel to bottom edge of card.
Step 7 -
- Using the small oval die from the Entwined Ovals die set die cut one from aqua cardstock and one from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the white centre panel to the centre of the base of the card and then add the aqua from from the other die cut.
- Stamp sentiment from Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set to centre of white panel using black ink.
- Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to each of the circle parts of the Entwined Oval frame.
Step 8 -
- Cut a piece of patterned paper so it measure 4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Die cut two borders using the scallop border from the Valentine Edges die set from Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the scallop borders to the top and bottom edge of the pattern paper.
- Adhere panel to card so it is centred.
Step 9 -
- Cut a piece of red cardstock so it measures 2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Edge this piece with a thin border using Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere panel to centre of card using foam tape.
- Using A Way with Words - Merry Christmas die cut twice from dark green cardstock. Layer one onto the other to give a bit more depth to the sentiment.
- Adhere sentiment to centre of red panel.
Step 10 -
- Create two trees using the Christmas Tree die set (trees both use the two smallest solid branches and tree trunk dies).
- Assemble trees. Apply glue to lower parts of branches and cover with White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere trees to card referring to photo above for placement using foam tape.
I hope you enjoyed my project today. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers and for a change to win the giveaway.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White Pigment Ink
Forest Moss Distress Ink
Black Glaze Pen
White Gel Pen