Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Boy!

CCEE1020-BabyBoy3-wm

Hi everyone,

Over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog we are continuing our celebration of Mothers & Babies! We have already celebrated Mothers earlier in the month by creating Mother's Day cards ... so now it is time to celebrate Babies!

The challenge today is to create a Baby card ..... easy enough!

CCEE1020-BabyBoy-wm

I fell in love with this “New Baby” digi image from KLM Designs as soon as I saw it. I have been wanting to use it on a card for sometime now, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity to use it.

The layout of my card is based on Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch Challenge (MTSC73) from last week.

CCEE1020-BabyBoy2-wm

As you can see, I turned my card into an Easel card. It has been a while since I made one of these and I love that you can see both the inside and outside of the card at the one time. Most of the Easel cards I have made so far seemed to have turned out to be square so this is the first non square one I have made …. not sure why it took me so long but there you go.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: New Baby Digi Stamp – KLM Designs; Baby Boy – Fiskars; Sentiment – Fern Gully Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; Sage; DP
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Long Rectangles Nestabilities; Brown Candy Dots; Button; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Oval Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Silli said...

Sooooo sweet Frances...love the image.... LOVE!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Hoots....this is just the sweetest image.....so precious and warm

craftymum said...

Hi
I always visity but hardly ever comment. I had to comment today. This card is divine, what a beautiful image.
Love sarah XXX

Cindy Haffner said...

Very SWEET!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Awwwww! What a sweet image! I love this as an easel card, Gramma Frances!!! Very cute.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fantastic image Hoots!! And I LOVE that you made it an easel!! And of course, I adore the color combo too!! Beautiful card my friend!!

Christa said...

That stamp is gorgeous! Somehow I missed it when I looked on their site before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Frances this is gorgeous indeed!!! Love this image and you made it shine with your easel card!!!

Did the baby arrive yet....I'm so behind on everything I hope I didn't miss the announcement?!?!

Hugs ~S~

Shirley Quarry-wannabcre8tive said...

I love this stamp and the sentiment.
Your coloring is absolutely fantastic.