Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Jingle Bell Rock!


Hi everyone,

My card today is for a challenge I am doing with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together and go to our favorite stamp/scrapbook store and come home with one or two new goodies. So we decided to also challenge ourselves each month using a product we all have.

Last month when we went shopping, we all came home with a few new stencils to add to our stash amongst other things. So for our challenge this time around we decided we needed to make something using any stencil we had, it didn't necessarily have to be the ones we bought that day.

I ended up making two cards for this challenge as I wanted to play with a few new stencil related products I had purchased recently. As it turns out I don't think I ended up using any of the stencils I purchased on our last shopping trip but that doesn't matter, they are there when I do need them right! I am only posting one card today, I will post the other next week.


Hey did you know today is exactly one month until Christmas, scary right! I still have so much to do, but at least I have a good stash of Christmas cards I can use. And as you can see I have added to my stash with this Christmas card.

The stencil I used for this card is one I purchased recently from MFT Stamps.  I die cut the base of my card using the Rectangle Pull Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I then placed my stencil on my card starting on the right hand side of the card and used texture paste through the stencil. Once I removed the stencil I poured Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the still wet texture paste to get a glitter look to the background. Once I did one section I carefully placed my stencil back on my card until the whole card was done.



To decorate my card I used the Art Impressions Santa Shake Set ... when you 'pull' the card open it reveals Santa backside which is on an action wobble. I have included a video of my card so you can see this card in action when it wobbles.








Stamps: Santa Shake Set - Art Impressions; Handwritten Holidays - Stampers Anonymous
Paper: White; Red
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Speech Bubble
Other: Black Ink; All Lined Up Stencil - MFT Stamps; Texture Paste; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Black Rhinestone; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

You give a big smile to my face ! Thankful you for it.
Nixe day, Sabine

Karen Aicken said...

LOVE this - and I really like your little video too. You know I love those Action Wobbles, ha ha. In fact, I wanted to order a holiday set of those same ai stamps, going back and forth between the Santa and the Snowman. Ended up with the snowman. Love your stencil idea too - I haven't used a stencil in many years.

Joanne (jojot) said...

thanks for the giggle,,,....love it