Monday, April 21, 2008

Owl Happy Birthday!

Here is another card using the "Owl Always Love You" set which is to being released tonight by Gina K Designs. Why not come join us for the release party 7 - 10 pm central time in the Gina K Member Forums of SCS.

One of the challenges to be held at the release party tonight is a color challenge, to use so saffron; old olive & vanilla. I don't have any vanilla card so I used a flower that I thought would be vanilla color.

While I was making this card and hadn't decided what layout to use for my card ... the SFYTT sketch that Jen from I Heart 2 Stamp's blog posts each week appeared in my google reader. This looked like it would work well with my image so I decided to use that sketch for my card.

I used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my so saffron panel. I cut 2 scallop rectangles using my rectangle nestabilities and joined these so I could use it for layer my owl image. I cut my sentiment out and round my corners using my word window punch and attached it to the lower right hand side of my card. Adding 3 rows of paper piercing to the remainder of this bottom panel.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Owl Always Love You Set - Gina K Designs

Paper: White; Black; So Saffron & Old Olive - SU
Other:
Black Ink; So Saffron SU Ink; Yellow & Vanilla Brads; Flowers; Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome card! Of course you'd do wonderful things with an owl set! ;)

Sonia said...

I love the colours you have used and the images are great.

Renee said...

Another great card! These owls are adorable and the background perfect!

Anonymous said...

ooooh!! i love this!! the colors are especially fantabulous! cute cute cute!!