Saturday, April 12, 2008

Billy the Pirate!



Arrrrgh all my blogging friends .... today is the day I get to play Beate's weekend sketch challenge. This week Beate is playing tricks on some of us hehe .... probably unintentionally but anyway she did ... I read most of my blogs via google reader ... to me it is the only way I could ever keep up with the amount I like to read. Last night while I was checking my reader for the updated posts I noticed Beate had posted her sketch challenge ... as it was 10 or 11 at night for me I decided it was too late to get working on it right then but I put it aside to work on this morning. When I turned my computer on this morning .... I friend imed me to ask if she was going mad cause the sketch as she knew it was different to the samples she was seeing LOL ... well on investigation we discovered that Beate had put the wrong sketch up last night hehe! Now that would have made a good April fools joke but it ain't April 1 ;) .... anyway I don't really care what the sketch finally is .... just that I am playing cause I do enjoying doing this one every week.

Anyway onto my card ... I wanted to use some new stamps I got in the mail yesterday so while I was deciding do I go cowboy or pirate .... I asked my friend that I was chatting to ... she said pirate so here it is. Don't you just love Billy ... this is a new set from Pink Cat Studio that I had to have .... Billy dresses up as a pirate, cowboy, super hero and a frog ... such a fun set.

I also just recently got some pirate buttons from Dress it Up ...which work perfectly with this image ... see the treasure chest at the bottom right corner. I used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my black panel ... which I layered first onto white first. I used my star punches for my sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps: Billy & Boy Background Stamps - Pink Stamps Studio
Paper: White; Black; Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Gold Mini Brads; Ticket Corner Punch; Pirate Buttons; Star Punches; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Very cute!

Kimme said...

So cute. If we have a boy I will need to get all kinds of Pirate stuff for him. Gotta love agood pirate...aaaarrrrrg!

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute! Thanks for always playing with the sketches. You rock every single one of them.
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Jessica Smith said...

I love what you did with this I can't wait to ink my Billy up love that button too.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

AHHHHH, I can't even stand how much I love this card!! That Billy is so adorable. I need to get him! Maybe next month - this month has been a bit of a "click now to buy" problem around here....

marshan said...

I love that card, and I love that stamp set. With 4 boys, I'm so gonna be ordering that soon.