Sunday, April 27, 2008

Turtley Beautiful Day!

I am back ... I thought I was finished for the day however then I discovered the SFYTT on Jen's I Heart 2 Stamps blog and I just had to make another card ... that is definitely it for me today haha!

I had to play again with some of the new stamps from H & M Stamps which are now available to purchase ... I just love this cute little turtle and also that sentiment from the Sealife set ... the sentiment is really in one long line however as I wanted it to fit on the river rock panel only I made it into a 2 line sentiment for this particular card.

I used my tiny bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background on the olive panel. The square scallop nestabilities was used for my layers to my turtle panel.

After coloring my turtle I added glossy accents to the shell portion of the turtle to give it a shiny effect making it look like a real shell. I also used my paper piercing mat and tool to paper pierce three of the corners on the turtle panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Sealife - H and M Stamps
Papers: White; River Rock, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip - SU
Others: Black Ink; River Rock SU Ink; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Square Nestabilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful card Frances! I love your colors, image and cb'ing! Just too darn cute!

Linda Carson said...

What a fun card! That little guy looks very happy w/life.

Carolyn King said...

Adorable Frances--love all the texture!