Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pretties Wednesday - Beach Bum!


Two weeks ago Danielle challenged the Prettie Girls to use a texture-y material on our card (not including ribbon or Primas). So cut/die-cut some felt, cork, vinyl, fabric or whatnot and plop it on your card. Heck we could even use marshmallows. hehe!

I decided that my texture-y material would be cork so I decided to create a beach scene for my card using the cork as the sand part of the beach. I used Paper Pretties "Beach Bum" stamp set to make my card.

I added more texture to my card by using the spots & dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add the background on my blue base card.

I used the largest labels 2 nestabilities die to cut out my white panel and the cork ... I then created my teal layer by attaching the white card to the teal and cutting around it. The sun is created using 2 star punched shapes that have been layered together.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Pretties girls created for this challenge:


Recipe:
Stamps: Beach Bum - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Baja Breeze, Sun Yellow & Taken With Teal - SU; DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Star Punch; Cloud Stencil; Cork; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Teal Brads; Foam Tape; Copics



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable Frances! The cork for the sand is a great idea!! :)

i {heart} papers said...

What a great use for corkboard! It's perfect! Genius!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is insanely FABULOUS Frances! LOVE your beach scene with Cooper and the sand is a delight! I also LOVE the layout with the nesties and that super fun sun!

Jana Weaver said...

Frances, he's just adorable!! I so {heart} this little guy...and he looks great on his cork beach!! Beautiful job!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling Frances. I love the sand.

Anonymous said...

Frances, that is so cute!! I love the beach and clouds!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What did we ever do withuot you, Frances??? OMG this is amazing! LOVE the sand!!! Too cute w/ the embossing folder, too..you rocked this challenge!

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhh! This is cute! I thought when I first saw the card u used sandpaper. Cork! Huh what an idea!!! TFS! ~Heidi

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhh! This is cute! I thought when I first saw the card u used sandpaper. Cork! Huh what an idea!!! TFS! ~Heidi

Jackie Pedro said...

Awesome, Frances! I love the cork as sand just like everybody else!! Love the clouds, too!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Okay, this is FANTASTIC!!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' CUTE!!! :) Just LOVE the way you made your sun!! Very clever!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute Frances! I love the sand and its so nice to see some summery images - spring can't come soon enough around here!

Vicki G said...

NOw that is CUTE!

Christi Flores said...

OMG how cute!! I love the sand!!!

Cheryl said...

Adorable and very clever!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Now this is just too cute Hoots!! I love the sand...and that starburst sentiment is fabulous!

Tracy.H said...

I am soooooo lovin' that turtle!! :0)

Ginny said...

FATNTASTIC idea i had some cork laying around for years that I threw away coz I didn't know what to do with it..lol

Tracey said...

This is absolutely adorable Frances!!

Danielle L. said...

Neat! Neat! Neat! I love how you made a beach out of cork!!!