Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fall Time


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Jessie Rone our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenge.

This time round Jessie has given us a color challenge using the colours Rust, Hunter Green, and Sun Yellow(think Fall leaves)




Jessie told us to think Fall Leaves so that is exactly what I did haha! First up I grabbed card that matched the colours I needed to use and added bands of color to the inside and front of my card. I use versa mark ink to add the acorn images onto the card on the inside of my card.

As you can see I have created a Pop Up Card using the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

The cute hedgehog image is one of the new stamps designed by Bianca Petroschi for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also die cut a whole bunch of leaves from the new Woodland leaves die set designed by Susan's Garden also for ECD. I cut the leaves from white card and then added yellow, green and rust colours to get the autumn leaf look.




Here is another view of the inside of my card taken at an angle so you can see the pop up portion of my card.



For the outside of my card I added bands of the three colours I needed to use onto a piece of card and then used a new Woven Embossing Folder from We R Memory Keepers to emboss the colors, I love the texture this gives. I also rubbed a little gold over the card for a bit of shimmer, it may be hard to see in the photo but it is there and I added a little more after I took the photo too.

I added a sentiment on the front of the card and some more leaves. I layered most to the bottom of the card so it looks like they have landed on the ground after falling from the trees.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Danielle Lounds
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Kelli Hull
Vicki Burdick
Peggy McCurry
Raquel Mason
Tangii Crain (October Guest Designer)



Stamps: Daisy Hedgehog All Seasons; All Things in Nature - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fall Time - CC Rubber Stamps
Paper: Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb - ECD; Rust; Green; Yellow
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up Card; Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Susan's Garden Woodland Leaves - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Vertical Stitched Stripes - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Versamark Ink; Barn Door Distress Ink; Peel Paint Distress Ink; Fossilised Amber Distress Ink; Woven Embossing Folder - We R Memory Keepers; Foam Tape



3 comments:

Gmalew said...

Beautiful card. Coloring is spot on. Perfect sentiment.

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect fall card for the challenge.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderful use of the colors....love that basketweave look panel