It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today. For my card today I am using a few more of the new dies which were released earlier this month from the Els van de Burgt Studio and Joset Designs range of dies available from Elizabeth Craft Designs. There are so many fun ways to use the fitted and stitched basic shape dies which includes Squares; Rectangles; Circles and Ovals. I have also used the new Kites die set which is suitable for all ages.
Another thing that was released earlier this month was the new Through the Lens 6″ x 6″ Patterned Paper Packs which brings Els’ awesome photography to your creations. Today I am using one of the papers from the Stone Paper Pack.
Here’s how I created my card:
- Cut a piece of teal cardstock which measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score this piece along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches. Fold along the score line. This will be the card base.
- Using the largest die from the Stitched Squares die set, die cut the patterned paper from the Stone Through the Lens Patterned Paper Pack. Adhere this panel to the teal base card.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut two of the fifth die from the Fitted Squares die set from teal card.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut two of the fourth die from the Stitched Squares die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using a blending tool to apply brown ink around edges of each square.
- Layers the white squares onto the teal squares.
5. Using the sentiment “Flying by to say” from the What’s Up? Clear Stamp set and black ink, stamp this onto the lower part of one of the white squares. (Note: Temporarily position the squares onto your card before stamping to ensure the sentiment is not covered up with the top square after stamping).
6. Attach the square panel with the sentiment to the lower right hand corner of the card. Apply foam tape to the second square panel and attach it to the top left hand corner of the card, so that it overlaps the square panel on the bottom of the card.
7. Using the Kites die set die cut the following:
- (2) Solid Kites from aqua cardstock.
- (1) Solid Kite from light tan cardstock.
- (1) Striped Kite from light tan cardstock,
- (1) Striped Kite from aqua cardstock.
- (1) Dotted Kite from aqua cardstock.
- (3) Kite Tails from brown cardstock.
- (3) Bows from teal cardstock.
- (3) Bows from aqua cardstock.
- (3) Bows from light tan cardstock.
(Note for easier assembly apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of all the cardstock pieces before die cutting, except for the Solid Kite pieces.)
- Sponge around the edges of each of the kites using brown ink.
- Assemble two of the kites to the white square on the top left hand corner of the card, using the photo above as a guide. (Note: the third kite will be reserved to decorate the inside of the card.
- Attach Turquoise/Silver Glitter Dots to the centre of each of the bows.
8. Using tan cardstock die that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of it, cut 6 photo corners from the Corners 1 die set. Reserve two of the photo corners for the inside of the card. With the remaining photo corners, layer two together and adhere one to the top right hand corner and the other to the bottom left hand corner of the card.
- Using the largest die from the Stitched Squares die set die cut a piece of Soft White Cardstock 100lb. Use a blending tool to sponge around the edges of this panel. Adhere to the inside of the teal card.
- Adhere the remaining two photo corners to the top right hand corner and bottom left hand corner of the card.
- Assemble the remaining card to the left hand side of the card referring to the photo above as a guide.
- Using the Happy Birthday die, die cut a piece of teal cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back and attach this to the card so it is centred on the right hand portion of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1118 Stitched Squares 1119 Fitted Squares 1124 Corners 1 1152 Kites 783 Happy Birthday CS012 What’s Up? Clear Stamp Set TTL002 Stone Through the Lens 6″ x 6″ Pattern Paper Pack PSF102 White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb/270gr 8.5″ x 11″ 7018 Turquoise/Silver Glitter Dots 508 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm 506 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6mm Other: Cardstock: Teal; Aqua; Tan; Light Tan; Brown Inks: Black; Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink Blending Tool Die Cutting Machine Foam Tape