Monday, January 18, 2016

Karen Burniston January Designer Challenge Day 1


Hi everyone,

It's time for our January Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, our very first challenge for 2016! Our theme this month is NEW! Wide open theme using at least one of the new CHA release products.

What could be a better theme for the beginning of a brand new year!!!!!



For my card today I decided to pull out the Cup Pop Stand Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  


Here is another view of my card at a different angle so you can see the Pop Stand part of the card.

On either end of the card I used the scallop edge from the Pull Card Edges to create a decorative panel from red card and then added the coffee beans to this panel.

For the sentiment I used the Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp Set and used one of the ovals from the Stitched Ovals Die set also recently released from the Els van de Burgt Studio range of dies available from Elizabeth Craft Designs



For the front of my card I have again create a scalloped edge to the red card panel using the Scallop die from the Pull Card Edges die set. I added coffee beans to the lower right hand corner of the card.

I added a sentiment from the Just A Note Clear Stamp set which I added to another oval from the Stitched Ovals Die set.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

I will be back tomorrow with another card I created for this challenge.





Stamps: Coffee Clear Stamp Set; Just A Note Clear Stamp Set - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Yellow; Brown; Tan; SIlver Soaring DP - Authentique; Boarding Pass DP - Cocoa Vanilla Studio
Dies: Cup Pop Stand Card; Pull Card Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stitched Ovals; Fitted Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Brown Ink; Foam Tape

2 comments:

fran said...

Really love this card - such pretty colors!

Joanne (jojot) said...

of course you have a 3-D tea cup....lol