Saturday, October 29, 2016

Toad you lately



Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for the month, Caz Counsell continues to issue the challenges.

In a name.... using your initials make a card using dies/stamps that start with your  letters.

As you can see by the photo above, I have created an accordion card using the Gift Card Accordion and Oval Landscape Accordion die sets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

My first name is Frances, so I needed to find something starting with the letter "F" ... frogs start with that letter, so it was a great opportunity to play with a stamp set a friend gave me for my birthday back in March. I have been wanting to play with this for ages but hadn't gotten round to it.




I am not sure if I was supposed to use my surname which starts with the letter "B" ... but just in case I did I added bling to all the corner flourishes on the gift card accordion pages.

I was in two minds whether to use the sentiment included in the set, because down here where I live toads are a menace threatening the lives of our native frogs and other wildlife. But as you can see in the end I did :)





Here is a close up of the last two pages of my card.



Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.
Heidi Green (October Guest Designer)

Stamps: Flirting Frogs - Heartfelt Creations
Paper: White; Light Green; Green; Poppy Seeds DP - K & Company
Dies: Gift Card Accordion; Oval Landscape Accordion; Flourish Gift Frame
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm; Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



3 comments:

CASTOWNE said...

Great challenge and great card...love your coloring!

Karen Aicken said...

Such a TOADally fun card!

Gmalew said...

Fun, happy card. Awesome coloring!