Friday, October 7, 2016

Not even a Mouse


Hi everyone,

Recently there have been a number of Twist Panel Cards circulating online on blogs,  Pinterest and Facebook. I had done a number of Twist Circle Pop Up Cards using Karen Burniston's die, and wanted to try making a Twist Panel Card too. I thought there had to be a way to be able to make one using Karen's die but I couldn't work it out :(. Fortunately Karen could work it out after all she is a genus when it comes to all things pop up and the whole Design Team were excited when she shared a card her cousin made with some guidance from her and she promised to create a video for the next challenge. 

So once that video uploaded there was no stopping me from playing and creating one!!!!

If you would like to try this technique you can find Karen's video here.

As you can see I decided to go with a Christmas theme for my first try and this technique. I inlaid the Merry Christmas (from the Merry Christmas Pop Up Card die set) as per Karen's video where she inlaid the Happy Birthday sentiment. 

On the left hand panel I added Jolly the Mouse. In the centre two panels I added the two mouse related sentiments from the Merry & Bright Clear stamp set. And the Christmas tree is from the Evergreen Pivot Card die set. I decorated the tree using Chocolate & Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter and then added Red and Green Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers.



As all the action is on the inside I kept the front of the card fairly simple by added the Entwined Oval die cut on my designer paper, cutting it out from green cardstock twice and overlapping it a little and one from white for the white base.

I added the A Way with Words - Noel to the centre of the circle.



Here is a look at my card when it is almost closed so you can see how the card fold flat.



And one more look at my card this time as it is about to be closed.

I know I will be making more of these!

Stamps: Merry & Bright Clear Stamps -  - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Green; Black; Grey; Pink; Retro Two DP; Retro Six DP - Authentique
Dies: Twist Circle Pop Up; Merry Christmas Pop Up; Jolly the Mouse; Evergreen Pivot Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Entwined Ovals; A Way with Words Noel - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Chocolate Silk Microfine Glitter; Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter; Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Green/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Gold Border Peel Off Stickers




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

You KNOW how much I love this card, Frances. Great job!