Monday, October 24, 2016

October 2016 Pop It Ups Designer Challenge #2


Hi everyone,

Welcome to our second Pop It Ups Designer Challenge for October. This time round our challenge was set by Summer Hills-Painter who gave us the theme ...  "Boy oh Boy!" - think rough and tumble, boys will be boys, masculine or manly - no girls allowed! 

Of course after Karen posted her tutorial back at the end of September on how to convert the Twist Circle Pop Up to a Twist Circle Panel Card I went a little mad and made quite a few of this style card ... this was one of them which I decided to keep for this challenge seeing it fitted the theme. You can find Karen tutorial here.



To decorate my card I used the Western Edges and the Props 6 die sets. The horse border and barb wire border are both inlaid into the designer paper I used so as not to catch on the panels when they fold down into the card.

The designer paper is from the Through the Lens - Wood paper pack.

The sentiments on the panels come from three different stamp sets ... Homegrown Greetings; Cocoa Western and the Occasions Clear Stamp sets. 



For the front of the card I used the same paper as on the inside from the Through the Lens - Wood paper pack.

I used the Mountain Border and Horse Border from the Western Edges die set and die cut around them using the largest label in the Labels & Circles die set.  I cut another label from off white card and layered the two together.




Here is a closer look at my card as it is starting to close.



And one final photo as it is closing. You can see how the panel accordion folds together in the closed position.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (now online only).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Tuesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.


Stamps: Occasions; Homegrown Greetings; Cocoa Western Clear Stamp Sets - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: Off White; Brown; Red; Through the Lens Wood Designer Paper Pack - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dies: Twist Circle Pop Up; Western Edges; Labels & Circles; Props 6 ; Fence Pop Stand Card (Grass) - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink; Foam Tape



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

One of my very favourite Frances cards! Love this so much.

Angie said...

I LOVE this card. I never got around to getting Karen's western props until it was too late to find them but I DO have the Western Edges and I'm going to make a twist panel card tonight! Fortunately, even though I don't have those props, I do have the stamps you used on the two left panels and similar dies.

You did a great job!