Today I have a tutorial on how to create this Christmas ornament above using products from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
I have seen something similar around on Pinterest and wanted to see if I could create something similar from the dies designed by Elizabeth Craft Designs. For my ornament I used the one of the ornament detail layer dies from the Ornament Set #4. I used True Red and Go To Green Silk Microfine Glitter to create my ornament, but you could also create one using Shimmer Sheetz, metallic card or colored card. This ornament can be used to hang on your Christmas tree or as a topper for a special present.
Because Elizabeth Craft Designs Ornament die sets come with 3 detail layering dies you could easily create a bunch of these by die cutting the three different layers to create three different ornaments.
Here's How I created the Ornament:
1. Cover a piece of red cardstock and also a piece of green cardstock that measures approximately 6 inches x 8.5 inches with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Note: The Adhesive is on the front of the card.
2. Die cut five ornaments from the red cardstock and five ornaments from the green cardstock.
- Remove the protective backing from the front of the green ornaments and cover with Go To Green Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and polish the glitter on the adhesive using your finger. Do this will all five green ornaments.
- Remove the protective backing from the front of the red ornaments and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and polish the glitter on the adhesive using your finger. Do this will all five red ornaments.
3. Using the smallest circle from the Fitted Circles die set, die cut a circle from green cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Curve each of the glitter ornaments slightly and attach the hanger end of the green ornament to the edge of the adhesive circle.
- Continue adding the green ornaments around the adhesive circle. Refer to photo above for placement.
4. Next start attaching the red ornaments to the green adhesive circle, so that the red ornaments are between two green ornaments. Refer to photo above.
- Continue adding the red ornaments to the green adhesive circle as per photo above.
5. Using the smallest circle from the Fitted Circles die set, die cut a circle from red cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Cover the adhesive with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to jar and polish the glitter into the adhesive using your finger.
- Adhere the red glittered circle to the centre of the ornament as per photo above.
6. Embellish the centre of the ornament, with buttons, rhinestones, jewels etc.
- Add a piece of cord to one of the holes on the top of the ornament.
Tip: Try this technique using any of the four Ornament die sets available from Elizabeth Craft Designs to create a slightly different looking ornament.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Red; Green