Friday, July 24, 2026

Gnoel

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another "Christmas in July Card", recently when I was looking through my Spellbinder Collections I spied the folder that held my Stampendous Hugs die sets (Stampendous is own by Spellbinders).  Anyway I could see through the file that there was a Christmas gnome already die cut and assembled, waiting patiently to be used on the card, so I pulled it out to make this card.

The die set used here is Stampendous Gnome Hugs.

To create the background behind the gnome, I pulled out an older Spellbinders Betterpress Plate called Season's Greetings Evergreens. I used my Betterpress and two different green inks to add the trees to my white panel. I moved the trees slightly up and to the right before inking the second time with my lighter ink.

I sponged the top of the white panel with blue inks to create my sky and then splattered it with white paint to resemble snow. The sentiment GNOEL, is from an older Honey Bee Stamps stamp set.

I layered this to the middle of a Slimline card, adding embossed green pieces of card to the top and bottom. This was embossed using Made To Surprise's Festive Tartan Embossing Folder and then adding white ink to the raised areas.



For the inside of the card, I added another gnome themed Christmas sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps stamp set.

I added another green embossed panel to the bottom of my card and added the die cut stocking which I also found in my stash.