Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gumnut Babies!

C4C108-GumnutBabies-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another challenge with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week our challenge hostess Tammy Hershberger who has given us a recipe challenge.

Use only LEAF images, your card must include a rust or burnt orange color (but is not limited to only this color), only 2 fibers (ribbon, lace, twine, fabric) and only 3 embellishments (but whether you choose to use just 3 embellishments, or 3 different types of embellishments is your call!) No leaf images? Use a plant or flower with leaves image!

For my card today I dug out a stamp I have had for 20 or 25 years …. it took me a while to find it as it has been that long since I have used it. This delightful image is one of drawings from one of the classic Australian Children’s stories by May Gibbs called Gumnut Babies. May Gibbs created fun stories about the adventures of a couple of gumnut babies called Snugglepot & Cuddlepie and other Australian bush characters.

I know Tammy did stipulate leaves only, but I figure that technically the gumnut babies are gumnuts anyway hehe.

The rust/burnt orange color that is required for this challenge is in the designer papers I used. I used the 2 fibers … twill ribbon which I colored brown and green twine.  For the 3 embellishments I used a button, the 3 brads on the top left hand corner of the card…. and one more embellishment which might be hard to see, but if you look closely at the leaves you may see gold specks which is scattered straw distress stickles.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Just Peeking – Stamp World
Paper: White; Brown; Green; DP
Other: Black Ink; Circle Punches; Classic Postage Stamp Edgeabilities; Button; Green Twine; Twille Ribbon; Brown Brads; Scattered Straw Distress Stickles; Sewing Machine; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Those guys are so SWEET!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

your image is just fabulous....how unique and fun

Vicki G said...

What a neat card Frances........so sweet!!! Love the colours too

Vicki

Queen Mary said...

TOTALLy too cute!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh my!! Aren't those just the CUTEST!!! What a finc ard, Frances!!

Silli said...

WONDERFUL frances....;-)