Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who's that Girl Gets Cozy with Cocoa VIP New Product Tour

MFT-CocoaWTG-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for our MFT "Who's That Girl VIP New Product Tour!" to celebrate the release of this month’s MFT VIP Kit.

Head over to Kim's blog to see the list of which Design Team members are participating in the tour.

VIP_BlogTitle

Today only VIP customers have the opportunity of purchasing the WTG set "Who's that Girl Gets Cozy with Cocoa " TWO WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!! There will only be 50 VIP collections available and then the set will be unavailable until the full release on November 1st at 10:00 PM EST.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Who's that Girl Gets Cozy with Cocoa VIP Collection $29.90

  • Who's that Girl Gets Cozy with Cocoa stamp set
  • Cozy with Cocoa Sentiments mini (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again $9 value, FREE)
  • Loopy Bloom Die-namics Die

MFT-CocoaWTG4-wm

I knew when I saw this set, that I wanted to create something mug related, I remembered this mug shaped card that I made years ago so started creating that … then I remembered the other mug that you see in my first pic … and couldn’t decide which one I wanted to do so as you can see I ended up creating both of them.

To make the mug shaped card I folded a piece of blue card so it was 10.5cm wide x 12 cm high when folded. I used circle & oval nestabilities to create the shape at the top and the handles. I then lined the inside so it looked like cocoa.

For the WTG image I paper pieced her jumper, scarf & gloves … I love this designer paper I used for this … doesn’t that look like it could have been a real knitted jumper Smile. I layered the image using the Die-namics Dainty Doily Duo and also used the Die-namics Dainty Lace Border along the bottom border of the card.

MFT-CocoaWTG5-wm

Here is the inside of my mug shaped card. I used the Die-namics Sweet Stack Labels for my sentiment. I also added the mug of cocoa which is included in the stamp set.

MFT-CocoaWTG2-wm

Next I created this 3D mug using my scor-pal, I found the directions on how to make this on the Scor-pal site but I changed the measurements to suit this image … my score lines around the coffee mug are all 1 1/4 inches apart while the one in the directions was only 1 inch. My mug stands 4 1/4 inches tall when finished … so I also changed the height details in the directions. It isn’t hard to change to suit your own needs.

The WTG image is the same as on my mug shaped card. I put some cocoa & marshmallows in two different clear bags and then tied them together using the new Die-namic Loopy Blooms die … I gotta say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new flower Die-namics. It is so easy to create, I cut mine out using My Favorite Felt – Cherry on Top. Just cut, fold and roll it is that easy!!!!!!!!!!

MFT-CocoaWTG3-wm

Here is one more pic of my mug so you can see the loopy bloom flower a little better. There is also a packet of tiny marshmallows behind the cocoa … guess I should have turned the pack around a little so you could see both.

Here are the Die-namics I used for my projects today:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

DaintyLaceBorder

sweetstack Die-namics

Well that’s it for me today! Don’t forget to visit Kim's blog to get the links of who is participating today.

Stamps: WTG Gets Cosy With Cocoa – MFT  Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Red; Nordic Holiday DP – Basic Grey
Die-namics: Dainty Doily Duo; Dainty Lace Border; Sweet Stack Labels; Loopy Bloom
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Oval Nestabilities; Scor-pal; Cherry On Top Felt; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

14 comments:

Lisa H. said...

ack! these are both sooo, so cute and cool. looove the one holding the cocoa...the loopy bloom looks great there!

Jody Morrow said...

SO cute and how creative to include a cup and shaped card. Neat!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Frances, you are brilliant! Look at this whole project, awesome! I love your sweaters, I think I had one like that once!!

jeanne girl said...

Oh I love what you have done with this set - love her sweater!!!

g said...

just darling- i love both mugs! super sweet & what a great quick gift idea! i love her mittens, scarf & sweater- so cozy!!

MiamiKel said...

OH my stars! Frances, this is fabby in soooo many ways! The sweater is TDF!! TFS :)

Eva said...

WOWIE, Frances, these are soooo beautiful....love how creative you were with this set!

Melody said...

You are "Genius" when it comes to shaped cards!! So creative Frances! Love them both.

Tracey said...

Wow! These are both awesome Frances!

Jodi Collins said...

Frances! How FABULOUS! LOVE the paper you used on her sweater! The mug card and paper mug are INGENIUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh, well done !!

tracey said...

Oh, wow. Gorgeous project. The paper you have used for the jumpers is absolutely perfect.

Barbara said...

OMG!!! I love the mug!!! Awesome idea and execution, my friend!

Michele Boyer said...

You made a mug shaped BOX? I bow to your creativity, Frances! This is AMAZING! Wow! SUPER cute card too! Love them both!