Tuesday, October 11, 2011

MFT Creative Challenge–Be Negative!

MFT-Merry&Bright-wm

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're going to "be negative." Our designers will show you what you can do with the negative space after you cut out your Die-namics, or the other half of patterned paper, cardstock or felt that is leftover when you're done with your Die-namics! Visit Kim's Blog to see exactly what we've been up to, you'll find a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

Print

I often use the negative portion left over when I use my Die-namics especially when I am using the border dies. So when I saw this challenge I wanted to do something different if I could. It just so happens that while I was blog surfing I came across a cricut blog and they had used an accordion piece of card to show through their cut out piece. (Sorry I can’t remember the name of the blog, or I would include a link to it here.) I decided this would be something I would like to play with.

MFT-Merry&Bright3

Anyway I have created a video to help explain how I created my wall hanging.




MFT-Merry&Bright2-wm

I decorated my hanging with the sentiment from the Merry & Bright sentiment set, which was stamped onto the larger ribbon from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die. I also added a flower to the lower left hand corner using the Die-namics Prima Donna Petals Die.

I also mentioned in my video that I would leave the link to Julie Dinn’s blog post where she showed how to use a button to do what I did on my video.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Don’t forget to visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

Stamps: Merry & Bright – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Burgundy; Green; Christmas Lost & Found DP – My Mind’s Eye
Die-namics: Well Worn Greetings; First Place Award Ribbon; Prima Donna Petals
Other: Black Ink; Rhinestones; Ribbon; MS Scoring Board; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO pretty! I love the accordion fold behind your window. COOL.

Unknown said...

Beautiful project Francis!

Maryann said...

wonderful project Frances thanks for sharing

Lisa H. said...

soooo fantastic, Frances...loove to hear your voice. NICE video!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances, well done!!~

Silli said...

wonderful Frances....love it!

Sarah Gough said...

Very cool! I love the folding in the window!

Karen Motz said...

The accordion pleat behind the frame adds so much depth!

Gabby said...

Very cool project! Love the colors, papers and the way you used the negative with the accordian fold paper behind it. This would make a fab box top, too. Hmmmm. TFS :)

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! This is AMAZING Frances! LOVE this to bits!!