Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Winter Wonderland


Hi everyone,

My card today is for a challenge I do with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together to share ideas and have fun!

Recently while chatting together online, I discovered the cute Winter Friends stamp set from Stampendous ... which includes an owl in the set, so of course I had to order it. Not long after both my friends also had it in their shopping card haha! Now the paper crafts store we used to visit each month is now online only, and as luck would have it all these stamps where packed travelling down to a paper craft show in Melbourne ... so once they got to Melbourne they had to be put aside and travel back up to Brisbane so they could be sent out to all of us :).

Of course after all the effort of getting those stamps, we had to use this stamp set for our challenge this month!


I decided to create yet another Twist Circle Panel Card using the technique Karen Burniston shared recently on how to modify the Twist Circle Pop Up die to create the Twist Circle Panel Card. I have to say I am hooked on this technique and have already made 5 cards possibly more by the time this blog post goes live :). This particular card also includes pop ups on both the valley folds, which is another idea given to us by Karen Burniston. If you would like to check out her video on how to create this style of card, you can find it here

I inlaid the snow border along the bottom of the card to help prevent the twist panel from catching when it is opened and closed. I wanted to inlay the snowy flourish at the top of the card too, but there were so many fiddly pieces I decided to risk it and just glue it down. So far so good. All the snow on this card has had Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on it.

I used my Scan N Cut to cut out all the stamped images, the trees, snowman, penguin, owl etc. So much easier when cutting out so many images.

I used the pop up die from the Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up die set to create the pop up pieces in both valley folds.


Here is a look at the front of my card,  I only had room to fit two characters on the inside seeing I added the pop ups to the panel, so I had to add the Owl on the front. I used the "Winter" word from the A Way with Words - 4 Seasons die set and also added the Wishes from the Best Wishes die set, both words have also been covered with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.


Here you can see my card beginning to close. The twist panel is concertinaing together ready to twist towards the front of the card. You can also see the arm that was added to the pop up die from the Twist Circle Pop Up die set.


And now the card is fully closed (well almost) .... you can see that the twist panel has changed it's position and now facing a different direction.


And finally a side view of the twist panel so you can see the pop up areas under the snowman and penguin. 


Stamps: Winter Friends - Stampendous; Christmas Words - The Paper Mill
Paper: White; Blue; Yuletide Greetings DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Twist Circle Card; Outdoor Edges; Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; A Way with Words 4 Seasons; Best Wishes - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Frostyville Border - Memory Box
Other ECD Products; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics



5 comments:

CASTOWNE said...

This card is awesome. Love your papers, coloring and card layout...they really score a great, big WOW!

BeverlyBL said...

This is just so cute. Love your papers and critters.

kReN said...

I love this card, but I am wondering how thick it is when it is closed. Does it require a special larger envelope or 1/4 inch box type envelope? Just wondering.

StampOwl said...

Thanks kRen K, the card measures 5 inches x 6 inches when closed and can be close pretty well if needed so a normal sized envelope would probably be ok for it. other than the pop ups and the outside everything else in inlaid into the card so fairly flatish

Unknown said...

lovely card