Saturday, March 17, 2018

Mission Control We Have A Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Bonnie Sharp our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge.



When I first saw this sketch I thought hmmm this one is going to be a tough one, but the more I looked at the sketch the half circle on the bottom of the sketch reminded me of either the moon or a grassy hillside. 

I wanted to play with doing the Galaxy Sky Technique using Distress Oxide inks, so a space theme card it became. I really liked how easy it was to create the background using Distress Oxide inks.

I used stamps from MFT Stamps and There She Goes Stamps to create the space themed card.


Most of you know I love making pop-up cards so that is what I did for the inside. I used Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-up Card die set to die cut the cupcake pop up die from white cardstock and then masked each of the areas to create the moon surface and space scene.

I love how easy it is to disguise the fact that the pop up is a cupcake. 

I decorated the top part of the inside using spaceman, planets, stars and a space ship. On the bottom panel I added a birthday sentiment, the 8th from Karen's Numbers die set and an alien.

This is another card that my grandson will get for his 8th birthday later this year, probably from his auntie.


Here is another view of the inside of the card taken at an angle, so you can see the pop-up portion of the card a little easier.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Supplies:




Stamps: Space Explorers - MFT Stamps; Out of this World - There She Goes
Paper: White Soft Finish Cardstock; Black
Dies: Cupcake Pop-up Card ; Numbers; Katherine Label Pop-up - Karen Burniston
Other: Black Ink; Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide; Wilted Violet Distress Oxide; Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide; Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide; Black Soot Distress Oxide; Black Glaze Pen; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

You did a great job with the sketch - and I adore your whole card.

jojot said...

out of thsi world creation...LOVE the way you used the sketch