It is my turn to post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Today I am sharing a card I created recently using a number of Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, Shimmer Sheetz, Velvet Adhesive Sheets and Glitter. This card is larger than a normal A2 card as I wanted plenty of room for the trellis, leaves and butterfly. My card is 5 1/2 inches wide by 6 1/4 tall, but I still wanted it to be a top folding card, so I will also share with you how I was able to do that.
Here's how I created my card:
1. Cut two pieces of blue card that measure 6 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches
2. Cut one piece of cream card that measures 6 inches x 5 1/4 inches
3. Cut a piece of Light Blue Shimmer Sheetz 5 3/4inches by 5 inches. Emboss the Shimmer Sheetz using the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder. You will need to emboss one half of your Shimmer Sheetz first and then overlap the embossing folder slightly on your already embossed piece and complete embossing the Shimmer Sheetz. Use a sanding block to reveal the white core from the raised areas of the Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Die cut the Bamboo Trellis from Cream Card
5. Die cut from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz three of the Flourish with Flowers
6. Die cut from Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz the Butterfly Silhouette & body.
7. Add a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Paper large enough to fit Butterfly Overlay (705). Remove protective layer from one side and place onto a piece of designer paper. Die cut paper using the Butterfly Overlay die. Remove all the excess pieces from the butterflies wings if needed. Remove protective backing from the Adhesive Paper and cover butterfly with Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter, polishing the glitter into the wings with your fingers.
8. Assemble the glittered Butterfly Overlay to the Purple Shimmer Sheetz Silhouette adhering them only at the body section of the butterfly. Adhere the Purple Shimmer Sheetz Butterfly Body on top of the glittered body.
9. Using the two small flowers from Flower Set 3, die cut 5 of each size flower from Pink Velvet Adhesive Sheet. Die cut the flower center using Beige Velvet Adhesive Sheet. Assemble the flowers using foam adhesive between the two flower layers to give a little depth.
Assembling the Card:
10. Layer the Embossed Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz panel onto the Cream Panel, and then layer this onto one of your pieces of blue card.
11. On the remaining piece of blue card score 1/2 inch down along the long side of your card and fold this both ways. Add adhesive to one side of the 1/2 inch scored section and then attach this to the back of your card. You now have a top folding card.
12. Add pieces of foam tape to the back of the Trellis piece and place this on your card as per photo above.
13. Place your Green Shimmer Sheetz Flourish with Flowers pieces through the Bamboo Trellis as per photo. Use liquid glue to adhere the flourish to the trellis in a few places were they touch.
14. Attach the pink flowers over the flowers on the flourish using foam tape. To achieve a bit more height to a couple of the flowers you may want to add a couple of layers of foam tap under the flourish to secure to card. I only secured the three flowers on the left to my card. The two at the top didn't need adhering.
15. Add the Butterfly to the card using foam tape just under the body section only. Bend the wings slightly on both the Purple Shimmer Sheetz and the Glittered Wings.
16. Cut a piece of cream card 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches and adhere to the inside of your card.
17. Using Pink Velvet Adhesive Sheetz, die the word Happy Birthday (783). Place this onto the lower section of the inside of the card as per photo.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Butterfly Overlay 1 (705)
Butterfly Silhouette (704)
Flourish with Flowers (797)
Bamboo Trellis (727)
Flower Set 3 (725)
Happy Birthday (783)
Swirly Curves Embossing Folder (E119)
Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0106)
Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0107)
Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0103)
Double Sided Adhesive (502)