Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC February 2024 Release Blog Hop

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our Karen Burniston Products - KB Riley LLC December Release Blog Hop. The Design Team have come together with Karen today for a fun blog hop to celebrate the release of 12 new dies. Sneak peeks of the new release started last week, and the dies are available to order NOW!

 


 

This release includes:

  • 2 new Pop-up Die Sets
  • 1 new Ball Add-on Die Sets
  • 4 new Border Die Sets
  • 2 new Sentiment Die Sets
  • 1 new Word Set Die Set
  • 1 new Tiny Accessory Die Set
  • 1 new Stand Alone Die Set

 

Dies are available to order now on the website. 

 

GIVEAWAY:

 

To celebrate the release Karen Burniston and each of the Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC Design Team members will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to some lucky person who comments on our blog posts, so make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post. Winners will be randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received on our blog posts by Monday,26th February 2024. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop posts to enter! Don't forget to leave some way for us to contact you, in case you are a lucky winner!



For my card today I pulled out the Lorna Label Pop-up die set to create a Double Lorna Pop-up. The Lorna Label Pop-up is a re-release of a die set when Karen was designing for another company, rather than the pop-up having to be die cut into the card, this time round it is a glue in pop-up. I was pretty excited when I heard it was coming back. One of the things I used to do using this pop-up die was to create a "double" pop-up, so that was one of the first things I tried when I got my dies for this release. 

To create the double pop-up using the Lorna Label die, fold your card in half and then position the die so it is lined up with the score line closest to the bottom of the flat portion of the label. You insert it into the card, the same way you would a single pop-up but of course you have a label at each side. I turned my card so it was in landscape style, but it works equally well in portrait style.

To decorate my card, I used the sand die from the Nature Edges die set to add sand along the bottom of the card. I added the palm trees from the Beach Bar Tiny House Add-ons die set. 

The flamingo floaty, floaty, snorkel and flippers are from the Tiny Accessories 4 die set. I used the monkey from the Monkey & Lion die set to add to the floaty.

For the sentiment, I added the "Hello" from the Word Set 6 - Summer die set. I added the stamped "waving" which is from an older stamp set.

My card measures just under 6 inches wide by 5 inches high.


For the front of the card, I added the sand using the Nature Edges die set. I also added two more palm trees.

The umbrella, sun and surfboard are all from the new Beach Elements die set.

I also added another monkey and the snorkel, mask and flippers from the Tiny Accessories 4 die set.

Well that's about it from me today, thank you for dropping by. To continue on the blog hop, click on the next person on the list, which is Jennifer Webster 


Here is the complete blog hop list in case you need it.



Blog Hop List:


Karen Burniston   

Lois Bak 

Sue Small-Kreider 

Frances Byrne  <you are here>

Jennifer Webster 

Fran Sabad 

Suzanne Smit 

Nicky Foden

Sandy Diller













45 comments:

Sue SK said...

Monkeying around on the beach! What great fun this time of year Frances!

Debbie Pennock said...

So cute and so cheerful!

Donna T. said...

That monkey --- so, so cute!!

Linda Pallis said...

Great card.

Teresa said...

Cute card.

Lois said...

So cute -- love that background paper!

shar said...

All these cards are making me wish for warmer weather..very cute and fun

Maggie McGee said...

Fun and cute.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

OMG that monkey in the flamingo float is too cute!

yup said...

All your cards are amazing , and this one did not disappoint.

Myrna said...

I have enjoyed your designs for years now. Thanks for another dynamic winner!

Shonda said...

Such a cute card! Everyone has been talking about the Lorna label coming back…I wondered what the big deal was. Now I am seeing how versatile it is. I need it for my collection!

Suziestamper said...

Love the use of the Lorna label die sideways. Cute card

Morag said...

Love how you turned the new Lorna label on its side. Cute card ❤️

Unknown said...

Love the card

Darlene Kinnear

Nancy said...

Ultimate beach card. I can almost hear the ocean and feel the breeze.

MBH said...

Love this one! ILove anything beach

MadeByMeghanK said...

Darling beach scene! I LOVE the surf board and your papers! Cute Monkey!

Monica said...

Love your Lorna Label sideways,,cute beachy card.

eunice said...

Loving this new release and especially enjoying seeing the all different creative ways the design team members are using the new dies. Thanks for already showing us the versatility of the Lorna label pop up. Can't wait to try this out!

LibbyD said...

Miss Frances! I need a play date with you! I absolutely love your card creations! I can tell, that I'll have to order this Lorna Label Pop-Up set. I can see the versatility of it already. Thanks for sharing with us!

Kat said...

Fun card! I love the different elements you used.

Anita Knepprath said...

Adorable card with perfect colors!

NancyR said...

Love it! Makes me anxious for summer. Guess you are in August now.

Kathy De Hay said...

Thank you for a very fun card. All of the different dies makes it very interesting. I love your creativity.

JSB said...

So many fun things used in your design! Bring on the fun!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the monkey and all the fun beach props! Lots of fun details on your adorable card!

ahmills said...

I love this card! The monkeys are adorable and I can't wait to use the Lorna Label pop-up. I have a feeling it's going to be my go-to pop-up card going forward.

Michele M said...

Cute card!

Belinda said...

Love the card. Very cute.

lee said...

so much fun! love your cards

AnneC said...

I love flamingoes!

Sue D said...

Fabulous card. Love the tropical theme and the monkeys.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Renee Ritchie said...

That monkey in the floating flamingo is so cute and love how you turned the Lorna Label sideways. Great ideas.

Connie B said...

Love the monkeys on the card.

NWFlamingo said...

Putting a monkey in a flamingo floatie makes me think our brains are in sync! Looks like something I would do. In fact I think I will. Thanks for the great idea!

anni said...

So cute! Love the little monkey!

Cindy said...

The monkey with the surf board and also with the swimming accessories is adorable. I don't have the monkey die yet but now I will be adding it to my list.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Great inspiration with the side ways opening!! LOVE all of the dies you added with the monkey!! The adorable flamingo floaty, surf board, sun, the snorkeling mask and fins, the umbrellas and those adorable palm trees!! Your were right on with the pattern paper choices!! Such a wonderful KB blow up surfing card making us all ready for the summer breezes!

Cindy Manott said...

What a fun card! Love the monkey on the beach with the swim gear and the umbrella. Grat addition to a beach theme!

Jacquie said...

What a super cute use of the die, it’s adorable! The monkey is my favorite, I love your choice of paper too. Super cute card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Vivian C. said...

Fantastic card, so playful and joyful. You always have the perfect patterned papers. Like how you used the Lorna Label. vrc at prodigy dot net

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun card - love the colours. And of course ... the LORNA LABAEL

Bo Gilmore said...

Hi Frances. This is my first time to your blog. Your card just gives me a HUGE smile. I absolutely adore your Monkey swimming in the Flamingo float. There are so many details and I see something new each time.
My information is Bo Gilmore tinagilmore86@gmail.com

Lisa Monken said...

Your card is amazing! I love the double Lorna label and how it opens! Thank you for inspiration!

Lisa_monken@cox.net