Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Twenty First Birthday

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

I needed to make a 21st card this year for my daughter to give to one of her nephew's. His birthday isn't until later in the year, but when I was watching a video on how to create this style of card by Sam Calcott recently ... I knew I needed to make the card while the inspiration was there.

This style of card is called a Tiered Floating Panel Showstopper Card, and you can find Sam's tutorial here

For the back centre panel, I used the 21 number from Creative Craft Products Numbers Galore Collection. I die cut the number using dark blue glitter cardstock. 

I added the hand holding the beer mug which is a stamp set from Trinity Stamps. The "nephew" is from the sentiment set from Made To Surprise's Showstoppers 3 collection. 

I dry embossed the back panel the 8 x 8 Linen Embossing Folder also from Made To Surprise.


The card folds down to a 6 x 6 card size, although because of all the layers is a little bulky. But for a special card and being hand delivered that isn't a problem.

The sentiments on the very front of the card are older ones I have had in my stash for years.


I added a panel to the back of the card, for a place to add a sentiment and a personal greeting. This sentiment is from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Showstoppers 2 collection.









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - that really is a show stopper!