Friday, February 23, 2024

Easter Bunny


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing an Easter themed Kinetic Easel Block card I created recently to give to one of my grandchildren for Easter. 

This card using the Bouncing Bunny & It's Only More Puppets 5 x 7" Mechanism die sets from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott. I used Sam's tutorial on creating an Easel Block card which she created when this collection was released last year, but I did give my card a few tweaks to make it a little different. You can find Sam Calcott's Easel Block Card Tutorial here.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action and how it folds.


For my Easel Block card, I did use the same bunny and papers which Sam used on hers, mainly these papers suited the style of card the best in my opinion. I did how change up the theme, making mine an Easter card.

I added Easter eggs to the card using Lawn Fawn's Mini Easter Eggs die set.


For the sentiment I used Karen Burniston's new Happy Easter die set which I adhered to the centre of the block portion of the Easel Block Card.

I also added an Easter Egg Basket to one of the bunny's arm which is from Karen Burniston's new Animal Add-ons 5 die set.


Here is a side view of my card, to see the look of the card a little easier.


On the inside base of the card, I added a large Easter Egg die cut and an Easter sentiment. Both the sentiment and large egg are from Divinity Designs, links of which are in the supply list below.

You can also see on this photo how two eggs at the back of the "block" are adhered so they don't interfere with the workings of the bunny.


I added a panel at the back inner portion of the card. Here I added two more sentiments which are also included in the Divinity Designs stamp set. I also added four more of the mini Easter Eggs. 


Here is a look at my card when it is folded, ready to be placed in an envelope. You can see how the card folds to fit an envelope, by watching the video at the top of the post. Because of the pull tab at the top of the card the card measures 7 1/2 inches x 5 inches.



  





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Super cute - bright and cheery