Thursday, February 22, 2024

Measure Up

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a sewing and postage themed Slimline Pop Up Card.


Last year, I purchased Waffle Flower Crafts Postage Collage dies and stencils. I love them so much that when they released their other postage themed dies/stencils in other size formats I had to add some of them to my stash.

One that I purchased was the die stencils in the slimline format.

As you can see I went with a sewing theme for my card, using stamps from Clearly Besotted. 

After I mounted my card to my top folding card base, I added the wax seal to the lower left corner of my card. In case you can't see, the wax seal has a sewing machine on it.


For the inside of my card, I created a pop-up card, using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. Rather than adding the label from the die set to my card, I kept with the postage theme and added the postage stamp. The sentiment is from a Your Next Stamp stamp set.


I also wanted to include something sewing related to the inside of my card, so I decided to go with the zipper border. This is an older die I purchased many years ago by a company called Zippity Do Da. The die is actually only about 6 inches long, but with some careful partial die cutting I was able to die cut it so it would fit the length of my slimline card.







2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Grey card

eunice said...

Cuteness overload!!! The faux sewing themed postage stamps are adorable, love the idea of adding the zippers... and the punny sentiment is just too much!