Friday, March 1, 2024

Cheers Dad

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun male themed card I created recently. I have been wanting to make this style of card for sometime, but I didn't want to go to the bother of measuring and cutting. So when Sam Calcott released this die in her recent Made To Surprise Showstoppers 3 collection, I couldn't want for mine to get over the ocean to me.


This card uses the new Double Concertina Showstopper die set and like many of Sam's dies, there are a number of different ways we can use them. For this card I decided to score the two 6 inch sides in half to make it an accordion style card.

To decorate the card, I used the papers from the Mainly Male Paper Pad. I also used the beer images from the Hobbies stamp/die set. For the top concertina panel I used the Chevron Embossing Folder. The letters that spell DAD are from the Chunky Uppercase Alphabet die set.


I added two white panels to the back of the card, one for the sentiment and the other for a place to write a personal greeting to the recipient.

For the sentiments I used the two sentiment sets included in the Showstoppers 3 Collection.


To keep the card closed, I made a tall belly band. To decorate this I used the Chevron Embossing Folder on the dark blue panel. 

I used Trinity Stamps Here's to Brew stamp set to stamp the hand and beer mug.

The "Cheers" is from the sentiment set that I used on the back of the card.


Here is one last photo of my card when it is folded, before placing it in the belly band. 



















1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun fun-fold card